Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

power mirrors tilt when reversing

hi all,

I have a feature on my IS250 SE-L where as you put it in reverse gear and the mirrors tilt to help you park close to the kerb.

my question is , how much should they tilt? my mirrors tilt but not all the way where it sees the kerb. I remember when I first bought the car it did, but I don't really remember. I just rely on the reverse camera. I just want to know if there is an issue surfacing

thanks in advance

On mine: while in reverse set the mirror position you want and press the seat memory button to store position. Mine didn't tilt enough when I got it. Took me months to find that out. They hid the info in the manual !!!! ;)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the replies. just to give you some feedback:

I carefully moved the mirror by hand up and down. you will hear a grating noise which sounds worse than it is. I then went inside the car and flicked the L and R mirror switch back and forth a few times.  I then put the car on and put in reverse. the mirrors tilted. so I then put the car in park and moved it with the cursor. it worked. but this weekend it went sticky again, so not exactly a fix, but did get it moving again.

@Comedian that's a great tip! agree it is not in the manual. I always wondered why it wouldn't tilt fully and how does I cater for taller or shorter people. now we know!! how on earth did you work that out??

On 28 August 2017 at 9:28 PM, Comedian said:

On mine: while in reverse set the mirror position you want and press the seat memory button to store position. Mine didn't tilt enough when I got it. Took me months to find that out. They hid the info in the manual !!!! ;)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I have tried this procedure and my mirrors don't seem to want to accept the 'new' position I put them in while in reverse. 

Pretty sure I am doing the sequence right and the mirrors do have full range of movement with joypad so not a mechanical issue I think?

any pointers anyone?

paul m.

Comedian, could you please check your RC-F manual for me and I'll have another go but yours being a 2015 might be different to my 2007 but I hope not!

paul m.

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

I thought you had to be in Park (P) 

But thinking about it as soon as you take it out of reverse then the mirrors will reset to their normal positions!

paul m.

4 hours ago, Texas said:

But thinking about it as soon as you take it out of reverse then the mirrors will reset to their normal positions!

paul m.

A good point well made 😃

Until today I wasnt aware you could set the posistion of the dipped mirrors.

anyways ill try mine tomorrow in R and report back to see if you can set the memory function ! 

Ps.  My mirrors dip but sometimes they stick and dont come back up, so ill be trying the cleaning fix soon, kindly posted above!

When either “L” or “R” of the mirror select switch is selected, the outside rear view mirrors will automatically angle downwards when the vehicle is reversing in order to give a better view of the ground. To disable this function, select neither “L” nor “R”. ■ Adjusting the mirror angle when the vehicle is reversing With the shift lever in R, adjust the mirror angle at a desired position. The adjusted angle will be memorized and the mirror will automatically tilt to the memorized angle whenever the shift lever is shifted to R from next time. The memorized downward tilt position of the mirror is linked to the normal position (angle adjusted with the shift lever in other than R). Therefore, if the normal position is changed after adjustment, the tilt position will also change. When the normal position is changed, readjust the angle in reversing. Folding and extending the mirrors Indicator Linked mirror function when reversing (if equipped) 226 3-4. Adjusting the steering wheel and mirrors RC200t_RC F_EE(OM24728E) ■ Mirror angle can be adjusted when The engine switch is in ACCESSORY or IGNITION ON mode

No need to press memory switch, just adjust while in reverse and leave the switch in L or R.