Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

upgrading isf 2008 headlights

Thanks for all the replies. You are right it is a lot of money to change and the oem ones are fine. I was only asking the question if anyone had brought them so I assume the answer is no.

thanks again

No, considered it a few times, but the loss of the adaptive headlight functionality, and dash warning light put me off. :ohmy:

Some say you can pull a fuse or relay to cancel the dash warning light, but you also lose adaptive cruise control, as it shares the same relay or something....

Ive met a good light guy a couple years back at Japshow, Santa Pod called Pedro. He can re-do your lights with LED strips, angel eyes etc for £300 all in. 

Hoping to get mine done at some point, but been busy in other things thus far.

If I do get them re-done, will post some pictures up. :thumbsup:

Hi Bob,

Sure, drop Pedro an email. It's pedro137@hotmail.co.uk

He's over in St Neots, so you'd probably be best off dropping them off with him?

Ask him to send you some photos of the work he's done on other headlights including his own.

Cheers.

Pete:thumbsup:

Look better in person/on the car I reckon.

His demo car was parked up next to mine a few years back for Jap Show Finale at Santa Pod.

He went over the top for show purposes, but you could see they were done properly.

Will be doing mine whenever I get a chance to have it off the road for a week or two (not happened yet!).

Do post up photos if you do get it done Bob, think Pedro's work will impress. :cool:

• 3 years later...

Hi guys, 

Reviving an old thread. The headlights on my 2008 ISF are going past there best, they've slightly yellowed and have a tiny bit of moisture in them. I can restore the yellow to some degree with a 3M restoration kit and drill a tiny hole to solve the slight moisture issue, but to me they are temporary fixes to prolong there life until they're eventually changed.

I've been looking at doing the swap to the facelift headlights with the DRL's, and I as wondering if anyone has had a good look at the 2008 and facelift headlights. Someone on the Club Lexus forum mentioned it would be possible with relative ease, to swap over the AFS mechanism into the facelift headlights, in order to retain AFS functionality and have the LED DRL's.

Does anyone think this is doable easily ? I haven't seen a facelift headlight in person to compare to mine and rear images of the lights are hens teeth to find.