Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 Lexus LS Walkaround Video

Great walkaround video found on youtube of the upcoming Lexus LS. 

Appears that Lexus have listened to comments and updated the navigation system graphics which look much fresher. I also like the burgundy colour but a lighter interior choice would certainly be the way to go on this beast

• Like 4

Not sure I like the front end at all, but the interior and dash seems nice and clean compared to other high end marques.

But sure looks like a lot of expensive tech to have fail in years to come. (though no doubt will last longer then other brands)

My LS400 is not too worried about being replaced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in this car on Friday. It's doing a tour of European dealers at the moment, so it was in Galway for a few days before moving on to Italy, I think. According to the dealer, it's a pre-production model, so not all features worked. Overall, I was very impressed with it although I didn't get a chance to drive it. Here are some of my impressions:

The heads-up display is very nice. You only see it when you focus on the outside view rather the windscreen and it seems to provide a lot of information without being distracting.

The sat-nav interface is much improved, and the external cameras can detect speed limit signs to warn you.

The steering wheel is much smaller and sporty with up/down shift paddles.

The 20 in. chromed wheels looked great, but could be a pain to clean.

The interior felt roomier than my LS600hL apart from the rear.

The boot is a lot bigger than the LS600h.

The rear centre console has a touch-screen display for adjusting seats, entertainment, etc. Very intuitive with large icons.

The biggest plus for me was the price, about €65k less than the current LS, and the road tax is also about €1,000 pa less. Given that it's a 3.5L engine, I would imagine that insurance would be cheaper also.

The dealer expects to have demo models in the showroom in December.

I took a picture of the spec sheet and price list, hopefully you can read it OK.

Pat

Image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus have released a video of the LS in Autumn Shimmer (Copper Brown in the UK) with cream leather interior. What do you think of the colour? Ive seen it on an RX and it looked horrid, seems to suit the LS much more.

17-09-22-gallery-lexus-ls-500-awd-autumn

hmmmmmm,           whoever did the paint job didn't get a properly good match with the bridge  :wink3:

But I like the " burgundy " , is it ? and I like the interior colour too ....  the rest of the car i would find just so complex and daunting to drive tbh

It would probably take me the rest of my days to learn what all the bits and pieces are for.

Malc

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Malc said:

hmmmmmm,           whoever did the paint job didn't get a properly good match with the bridge  :wink3:

But I like the " burgundy " , is it ? and I like the interior colour too ....  the rest of the car i would find just so complex and daunting to drive tbh

It would probably take me the rest of my days to learn what all the bits and pieces are for.

Malc

Given how long it's taken some of us to find out all the subtle bits in our 400's I agree with you, I will not live long enough to play with everything in a 500.

• Haha 1