Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Car Parts - 50% off brake pads and discs ends midnight tonight

So my car is currently suffering with squeaking brakes when off the pedal (can hear the squeak as if there is a slight amount of contact still) and when applying/coming off it. Looking at the receipts, the front disks/pads were changed with these Euro Car Parts Brembos, 3,000 miles ago. 

I've been to Lexus and had them chamfered etc but the problem is still there. Has anyone else had problems with these ones? Did I just get a dodgy set of pads??

Sorry to be bit off topic but I'm looking at getting a new set of pads and don't want to pay the dealership prices!!

16 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

So my car is currently suffering with squeaking brakes when off the pedal (can hear the squeak as if there is a slight amount of contact still) and when applying/coming off it. Looking at the receipts, the front disks/pads were changed with these Euro Car Parts Brembos, 3,000 miles ago. 

I've been to Lexus and had them chamfered etc but the problem is still there. Has anyone else had problems with these ones? Did I just get a dodgy set of pads??

Sorry to be bit off topic but I'm looking at getting a new set of pads and don't want to pay the dealership prices!!

My new brembo pads from ECP are silent (so far) whereas the yellowstuff pads they replaced could be a tad loud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

My new Brembo pads from ECP are silent (so far) whereas the yellowstuff pads they replaced could be a tad loud.

Hopefully mine were just one off, dodgy pads then.

Ordered a complete set (+ another set of front pads to replace these ones) for the future. Thanks for the heads up Voodoo!

• Like 1

Hi all

Everybody here seems to have an ISF (I'm jealous!) But has anybody any experience of the Pagid pads on a Gen 3 RX.  I don't need any at the moment but at 38,000 miles how much longer should I expect?  I've used Pagids previously on German (sorry!) cars but not on any of my Japanese cars. As another poster has said at these prices it's worth getting them in advance (I assume £48.24 all in for front and rear pads is a considerable saving over Lexus prices).  There is an option of brembo or Textar for the front pads; are either of these better than the Pagids?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Glover said:

Hi all

Everybody here seems to have an ISF (I'm jealous!) But has anybody any experience of the Pagid pads on a Gen 3 RX.  I don't need any at the moment but at 38,000 miles how much longer should I expect?  I've used Pagids previously on German (sorry!) cars but not on any of my Japanese cars. As another poster has said at these prices it's worth getting them in advance (I assume £48.24 all in for front and rear pads is a considerable saving over Lexus prices).  There is an option of Brembo or Textar for the front pads; are either of these better than the Pagids?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

From my understanding, Pagid make the Brakes for AMG Mercs, RS Audi's and M3's so you can't go wrong with them (Or brembo of course) :-)

Wow that's disappointing!!

Have had discs from them before and they have always been fine. Let's hope it's just a one off and a replacement set are to the expected standard.

• Thanks 1