Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back to Lexus after a long break and need some help

Just bought a three month old NX 300H F Sport with Pan roof & premium navigation after a six year break when I part exchanged an RX300 SEL for a BMW X5. Then an Audi A4, next a BMW 420 convertible which was part exchanged for the NX. I owned the RX for seven year and it is probably the best vehicle I ever owned - until now hopefully??

My initial impressions are great, I really love the vehicle, the luxury, the toys to play with etc, have a couple of niggles that I cannot sort out and hopefully somebody may be able to help.

Firstly the passenger climate display to the left of the clock always shows a seat icon - is there anyway to get rid of this or "turn it off" - I have tried and cannot get rid of it.

Secondly I have put a USB stick (full of music) in one of the sockets but when I press the media button and source I cannot access either USB as they are not highlighted for the pointer.

Any help would be appreciated

Congrats on the new purchase. I have precisely the same minus the pan roof (and plus two minor scrapes already... guess that comes from regular use!)

1. I am unclear what you mean. I personally always leave the whole thing in auto (just by pressing the auto button) and that should mean it displays just a temperature?

2. There should be three routes to USB: firstly, use the dashboard "source" and scroll down; secondly, try using the main menu to go to Audio > Source; thirdly, press the "MEDIA" button a few times to cycle through. 

Unfortunately I'm not in the car so going from memory, but hope that helps. 

re the usb stick, they have to be FAT32 formatted I think so if NTFS they wont read so the media player doesnt recognize its fitted. My RX450H magically erased all content from my stick sometime during a week of only using the radio. Couldnt work out what was going on until I plugged it into a PC. The net result was the display selector behaved just like your NX

9 hours ago, John M H said:

Just bought a three month old NX 300H F Sport with Pan roof & premium navigation after a six year break when I part exchanged an RX300 SEL for a BMW X5. Then an Audi A4, next a BMW 420 convertible which was part exchanged for the NX. I owned the RX for seven year and it is probably the best vehicle I ever owned - until now hopefully??

My initial impressions are great, I really love the vehicle, the luxury, the toys to play with etc, have a couple of niggles that I cannot sort out and hopefully somebody may be able to help.

Firstly the passenger climate display to the left of the clock always shows a seat icon - is there anyway to get rid of this or "turn it off" - I have tried and cannot get rid of it.

Secondly I have put a USB stick (full of music) in one of the sockets but when I press the media button and source I cannot access either USB as they are not highlighted for the pointer.

Any help would be appreciated

1) with regard to the seat icon to the left of the clock - you cannot make that go away. Its part of the climate control system which shows you in what direction the air is blowing i.e towards your feet, your head or both.

2) The USB stick takes a while to load when first put in so might take a while to become highlighted. Keep it in place, don't remove it otherwise itll keep taking ages to load up. Once loaded and left in, it will be instant. If it doesn't work, pop it out and try the other USB socket and see if it works. If not, most likely to be the USB stick. Ive had trouble with a few which were intermittently loading but since replacement, its all good.

Thanks for your useful answers, I have now resolved the USB issue and yes it was the memory stick that I was using was corrupted, now using another and it's fine.

As regards the icon, I have included a photo and would appreciated some more comments, I do appreciate what "rayanns" has advised and am waiting on my dealer as I post.

20170905_113848.thumb.jpg.32eaf6ac38edc7d379245944eb247f46.jpg

Adrian28, thanks for reply and appreciate your answer, but I wanted to know if it was possible to have nothing showing in either climate display - no seat display or temp display.

Had a call from Lexus dealer and they say that there will always be an icon showing with the airflow pointer as this confirms that the climate control is working - very much as "rayaans2 stated in an earlier post.

3 hours ago, John M H said:

Adrian28, thanks for reply and appreciate your answer, but I wanted to know if it was possible to have nothing showing in either climate display - no seat display or temp display.

Had a call from Lexus dealer and they say that there will always be an icon showing with the airflow pointer as this confirms that the climate control is working - very much as "rayaans2 stated in an earlier post.

Nope cannot be done. The temp display will always remain unless you turn AC off. 

The direction of air travel will only be removed in AUTO. 

Is there a particular reason why this bothers you? Just wondering thats all.

Car companies spend quite a bit of money perfecting their heating and ventilation systems so I tend to leave mine in auto all the time and only tweak the temperature up or down if feeling a little cold or hot. I also switch off a couple of heating and ventilation settings in the menu because I find they have an adverse effect on how good the car is at maintaining a set temperature in auto.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links