Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Christmas is early this year!

Nearly a year into ownership of my RC and still loving every moment of every drive.

Great colour combo. My good lady insisted on red for ours. I think the red and the blue give the greatest depth of colour and the gloss is fantastic.

I hope you'll enjoy the car as much as I do, I'm certain you will :yahoo:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

The blue does look really nice!

@NemesisUK you previously had a CLS55 so I was wondering if you ever miss the power or regret not going for a RCF?

Yes and no ...

I absolutely loved the savage power from that supercharged V8 but had I gone for the RCF I'd have been back with the frustration of driving a powerful car but unable to fully enjoy/exploit that power. 

I have no self control....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nick W858 said:

Looks brilliant. I do a 150 mile round trip to Lexus Hull to look after my cars - who was looking after you there?

I dealt with Mark Turnbull on recommendation of friends who have dealt with him for years 

Really happy with Hull and how well I've been treated 

It's been years since I have felt this valued by a dealer - I have been referring to LR dealers as Stealers for many years

Yes I know Mark, to be honest never bought any of my Lexus from them but they have looked after them all. I mainly deal with James in service, he is brilliant and the whole team are exceptionally friendly and professional. Aside from the inevitable large bill, I really look forward to taking my cars in to them.

• Like 1

Paul:   Great choice.   

Since you are going to become obsessive (or probably already are) about even minor bits of dirt, my advice would be to:

*   instal mud-flaps front and rear, overcoming any dislike you may have for them, since the RC, because of its shape, is more prone than most

cars to splattering from dirt, especially around the boot.

*   give the front bumper, especially, but also the rear one and the skirts, a coating of protective wax, e.g. Collinite #845, so that a quick wipe

with a wet cloth will remove most types of minor dirt wherever you happen to be.

*   with winter approaching you may also want to use the Collinite on the alloys, which are nice but not easy to clean.

• Like 2

I used to be obsessive about the RR Sport but the Mitsubishi is always dirty and I just don't care :unsure:

I'm already considering washing the RC after yesterdays drive in the rain :laugh:

I've never had a protective finish applied to a car but I may do it this time on the RC :cool:

I had mine ceramic coated, works brilliantly, crud just hoses off. 

To enhance the already deep gloss I also use Meg's Xpress spray wax, applied to the wet car it help drying without water spots and gives a really slick feel to the paint, something the ceramic coating just lacks.

I second the suggestion of mud flaps. They really do protect against splatter.

• Like 1