Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions please.

Stompe

Things like the pop-up Nav screen, the Mouse control on the centre consul,seem much more Premium then the static screen on the newer one. the only thing i would have liked is the Adaptive cruise control.

13 minutes ago, Stompe said:

Things like the pop-up Nav screen, the Mouse control on the centre consul,seem much more Premium then the static screen on the newer one. the only thing i would have liked is the Adaptive cruise control.

They haven't changed much at all, mainly cosmetics.

It goes both ways, the static screen looks better and is thinner, the mouse on the centre console still exists on premium nav models etc etc

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

They haven't changed much at all, mainly cosmetics.

It goes both ways, the static screen looks better and is thinner, the mouse on the centre console still exists on premium nav models etc etc

Thanks rayaans, but i thought it was a rotary knob now,on the newer Cts?

I *think* the rotary is still only on lower specs, but could be wrong. 

Other issues are matters of opinion of course. The mouse controller is in any case unpopular with some (tho' I like it); the pop-up screen likewise (and actually I prefer the static personally and manufacturers in general do seem to be heading back that way); and so on. 

Like I say, I don't notice many significant differences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stompe said:

Thanks rayaans, but i thought it was a rotary knob now,on the newer Cts?

Rotary knob on the cars without premium nav. All cars with premium navigation have the mouse system. 

• Like 1

i have had courtesy Ct's and if i remember correctly my 61 plate Ct was considerably quieter than the new ones

when it comes to road noise and the new Ct's suspension feels very firm indeed or maybe i am used to my IS

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 200h said:

i have had courtesy Ct's and if i remember correctly my 61 plate Ct was considerably quieter than the new ones

when it comes to road noise and the new Ct's suspension feels very firm indeed or maybe i am used to my IS

If anything the newer ones are less firm than the pre facelift models. Tyre sizes are the same so road noise will be as well. The cars are essentially exactly the same between model years bar very subtle differences 

• Like 1

My impression is that from its launch, many of the CT upgrades have been planned. So in 2011, it was already known what items each model would be upgraded with even if they hadnt yet decided upon what name to refer to the upgrade as. So, in short, the later the model, the more bits and pieces are included despite the fact that the shell/engine/gearbox is the same now as was in 2011.( albeit with perhaps a few ECU software mods). I don't think that the CT is unique in this respect, I believe that the majority of cars are marketed in a similar manner with the only time when "everything including the kitchen sink" upgrades are applied being when the model has big issues leading to poor sales or when the model is nearing the end of its production cycle. To conclude, the later your CT, the greater the state of development and the closer to being phased out.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Other issues are matters of opinion of course. The mouse controller is in any case unpopular with some (tho' I like it); the pop-up screen likewise (and actually I prefer the static personally and manufacturers in general do seem to be heading back that way); and so on. 

See you have an Nx Ian, What do you enjoy driving the most?

23 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Basically as everyone has already said. Exterior wise just facelifted bumpers,Shark fin aerial and updated rear lamps and different wheel designs.

de717dc0ff10656dfb50e814961bd36d.png

735905d75bdd6278c44e1cc623708c22.png

30e537766353302cfea8d2d428c568b4.png

I really like the style of my pre facelift SE L Premier.

I'm not a lover of the static head unit of the later CT,I prefer my flip up one but I like the later software the facelift runs.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Steve,

That's a good question. 

I prefer the NX because it has adaptive cruise. If it didn't, it may well be a close call, though I think I would just still go for the NX. 

That said, it really depends. If I am popping to the corner shop in the rain I actually usually take the CT - it's a bit more manoeuvrable around car parks and I like the variety. On longer trips, of course it's the NX every time because of the higher comfort levels.

The outgoing CT also has an annoying rattle - here's hoping the incoming one hasn't! (And here's hoping it's actually incoming - see another thread re that!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Steve,

That's a good question. 

I prefer the NX because it has adaptive cruise. If it didn't, it may well be a close call, though I think I would just still go for the NX. 

That said, it really depends. If I am popping to the corner shop in the rain I actually usually take the CT - it's a bit more manoeuvrable around car parks and I like the variety. On longer trips, of course it's the NX every time because of the higher comfort levels.

The outgoing CT also has an annoying rattle - here's hoping the incoming one hasn't! (And here's hoping it's actually incoming - see another thread re that!)

Thanks Ian, im wondering if its the car for me. 

I was loaned an NX whilst my CT was having recall work done and to be honest I found it very uninteresting and too big. It only had the standard stereo system which was terrible(mine has the Mark Levinson).

6b7e9c94c3a8813e75377bd613256fcb.jpg

I was glad to get the CT back. Of course this is just my opinion and don't want to put anybody off buying one.

1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

I was loaned an NX whilst my CT was having recall work done and to be honest I found it very uninteresting and too big. It only had the standard stereo system which was terrible(mine has the Mark Levinson).

6b7e9c94c3a8813e75377bd613256fcb.jpg

I was glad to get the CT back. Of course this is just my opinion and don't want to put anybody off buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormchaser it`s good to hear independent opinions. In my case I`m saving money slowly to get NX as next car when PCP on my current CT200h will be done. Since I bought CT200h I knew that I want NX, even not want, but desire. I would drive my CT200h for ages, but I really miss that extra acceleration when needed especially on motorways. If you had a chance to get NX on motorway run, please share your opinion/thoughts. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Finzky

I must admit I did love all that power of the NX over my CT. It was great on dual carriageways for overtaking etc you will like it. After owning a Swift Sport before the CT I need to calm my driving down especially in my area and the CT is perfect for me. I still do miss the power sometimes.

5448aacee576d202f3b3767761620028.jpg

My wife has a Swift sport but likes the look of the CT. She's reluctant to lose the performance but I find the Swift pretty awful in terms of ergonomics and equipment, I can't drive it far as throttle position in very uncomfortable. I might see if I can grab an NX for a courtesy car next service. How does NX compare to Swift re overtaking performance?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The Swift was like a stabbed rat with its vtec kind of performance. Lots of noise with not much progress tbh.

The NX was great at this job as it just gets up and goes in any rev range. Very powerful for a large car.

With the Swift you have to wait for it to get high up in the rev range before anything happens. It's definitely not a Japanese made car anymore (made in Portugal) and the build quality is poor. At least the CT is all Japanese [emoji1360]

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 9:59 AM, Wass said:

My impression is that from its launch, many of the CT upgrades have been planned. So in 2011, it was already known what items each model would be upgraded with even if they hadnt yet decided upon what name to refer to the upgrade as. So, in short, the later the model, the more bits and pieces are included despite the fact that the shell/engine/gearbox is the same now as was in 2011.( albeit with perhaps a few ECU software mods). I don't think that the CT is unique in this respect, I believe that the majority of cars are marketed in a similar manner with the only time when "everything including the kitchen sink" upgrades are applied being when the model has big issues leading to poor sales or when the model is nearing the end of its production cycle. To conclude, the later your CT, the greater the state of development and the closer to being phased out.

Really hope your right Wass, But in my opinion all they needed was to add Adaptive cruise control, rear armrest, sort out the suspension, tell us where the 13 speakers are on the Mark Levinson, more sensors on the front,...Job done. lol 

We bought the Swift used after 1 owner so it wasn't a huge purchase but yes, it's quite quick if revved. But I like that as I like revvy cars bikes etc. But she never uses the revs - drives me mad :D

Reminds me of a 90s hatch, feels like it's made of kitkat wrappers though.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Worth pointing out that performance is relative to what you drive now. I found the NX difficult in terms of performance, didn't think there was much in it between CT and NX on that front albeit NX felt slightly quicker and wouldn't attempt country road overtakes in either. 

In the RX I find it much much easier, it just blasts past traffic.... effortless. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links