Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone else got an LC 500h?

timsmart

Hi,

I picked up mine yesterday, the first in Bristol I believe. The car is amazing! Photos and videos simply don't show how big it is or really grasp its sheer beauty. 

It can be delightfully quiet; I was cruising down the M4 in comfort mode yesterday watching (nervously!) the adaptive cruise control keep me a safe distance from the cars in front as they changed speed and lanes. I had some music playing really quietly, and I could hear it perfectly. 

On the other hand, even though mine is the lower powered hybrid (a mere 354 Hp), I  demonstrated to a friend what happens when you switch it to sport+, and put your foot down. The car was transformed. The friend was, shall we say, “astonished”!

The shortcomings in the reviews are true - the rear seats are too small for anyone over five foot six, the touchpad controls take some getting used to, (not as bad as some reviewers have said) and there is very limited storage space. 

But what a drive! I've got a lot to learn before I will feel I really know the car.
  • Like 2

I like LC 500h very much, but needing 4 seats my next car will be a sedan , probably another GS or LS (not soon, my GS has only 60.000  km. on odo).

But when I look at pics of LC, wow, what a car!

I picked up a new RC 300h F Sport on the 1st and was eyeing up the red LC 500h they had going out and a yellow demonstrater - gorgeous :wub:

I've been told the demo is available when I want to borrow it so will be doing once the novelty wears off the RC 

Problem is if I really want one I'm going to be tempted and swmbo will kill me :laugh:

We need pictures :cool:

Very interesting Tim. I am considering swapping my Aston DB9 for an LC but I could not stomach the colour/trim combinations currently available. I really wanted red with a cream interior. The tan or black are not to my taste.

I have the automatic cruise control on my RX450h and it gives you a heart stopping moment when you first approach a line of cars in traffic. It seems to work though, stopping to a standstill.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

I was looking at your post today on the RRSPORT "other cars" forum about lusting after the LC500. The picture which you posted appears to show a colour combination not offered in the UK. The pic shows Ultra Blue with a grey interior. I would have probably ordered one in this if they had it. The configurator shows a very dark blue and a poor choice of interior colours. Pity.

Your mpg on the RC looks about right but it does use a bit more in the colder weather.

• Like 1

Mine is Sonic red / Black. Suits me! I've been playing with the adaptive cruise control today, and yes it is a bit heart stopping sometimes, but I'm still in one piece. The lane keep assist is a interesting too. I don't think I'll be using that much... I'm even getting used to the much maligned infotainment system... The voice control works quite well once you get used to it too. The car is certainly a step up from my GT86!

• Like 1

Tim,

I have the lane departure stuff switched off too (RX450h Premier). I find it over sensitive as I live in a rural area and tend to drive on the crown of the road thus "crossing the line" quite often.

The only other feature that I have deliberately disabled is the AHBC on the headlamps. It all works as advertised but main beam is not restored until you get to about 40mph. This means that on an unlit country lane you cannot get main beam on command. I have posted on here about this issue in detail.

I am not sure if the LC has the same satnav as the RX but I have been a bit disappointed with its operation and performance.

Regarding the mouse controller (your original post) you can set the sensitivity to need a firmer touch which makes it much easier to use.

I am still interested in the LC so keep posting your experiences.

Thanks Malcolm. I think, according to the reviewers, that the touch pad at least is a new design! I hadn't notice that the AHBC does what you say. So far it has seemed magic! I'll keep an eye on it.  I'm going to go quiet for the next couple of weeks; going on a (non driving) holiday! I'll be testing the satnav thoroughly on the way to the airport though.

On another note, did someone post that link to http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=176 that I am seeing above the reply box? My browser is giving me big "DANGEROUS" warnings about it!

@timsmart

Ive been a member on the above mentioned club for 8yrs the site has had major issues for a while now making the site almost redundant,

Such a shame as good knowledgeable members & lots of info on quite a rare car.

The question has been asked for someone who is savvy with updating/running a forum to take over the job of getting it back to how it was.

I think somewhere down the line when upgrading the system things went all wrong.

But so far no takers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pics or it didn't happen.

Have to say though, after testing both the LC500h was more drive-able day to day due to its low down torque which the LC500 somewhat lacks. 

However, given the choice, it'd be an LC500 for me - the noise is just sonorous and I can imagine being a hooligan in one (actually, on test I was a hooligan in one and I believe the salesman crapped himself) so its probably best if I dont get one. Maybe one day when the kids get older but heck, it'll be a good 13 years before that happens

• 3 months later...