Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ceramic coating... Thoughts

Hi, has anyone seen the videos on Facebook showing a super ceramic coating that supposidly lasts 3 years and gives a hydrophobic coating. The videos look really impressive but at £400 (including a machine polish)  I'd be interested to know if any body has any experience before going for it. 

Thanks Darren.

I had the Williams ceramic coating applied to my new RC. This has a lifetime warranty and is managed through Lexus. So if anything were to require attention they will sort it. 

So far, 11 months into ownership it's performing fantastically well, very easy to maintain.

I'd recommend it but not sure if they would treat a used car, can't see why not but the costs may be significantly higher.

• Like 1

Had it done on three cars, Gyeon and Koche Chemie both of which are very good. Also, I would recommend Gtechniq glass treatment, lasts more than 1 year, but is easy to apply and reapply. At anything above 40mph the water just streams off the windscreen and you hardly need the wipers. Whatever you do, don't bother with Supagard, it's pants and just a commission earner for salesmen.

• Like 1

I had Gen 3 glasscoat put on my ex demonstrator at about 4 months old. After two years the paintwork still looks like new and I would definitely have it done again.

I did get someone open their car door into mine and it scratched the paint. The smart repair got the scratch out completely and they re applied the glasscoat to the door. The smart repairer said that because I had the glasscoat he did not need to repainted the scratch and it just polished out.

I get lots of comments on how nice the car looks.

• Like 2

I had a three stage machine polish and C-Quartz applied 4 months ago, I would not take my car to a dealer for this but to your local car detailer who will do a proper job. My local detailer had the car for four days, cost £500 but ii will get free top ups if any car panels get damaged and need repairing in the future. I would highly recommend ceramic coatings. 

My dealership had someone come in to prep and apply the Williams coating. They also do smart repairs and reapply the coating should it be required. 

I think I'm happier for this to be through Lexus than directly with a 3rd party., even though Lexus themselves are not doing the work,  Lexus will carry the responsibility for future care and maintenance. 

I have had Kamikaze Collection ENREI a state of the art 2-stage sealant put on my last two cars, its a bit expensive, around £800 for the LC, this includes the wheels, glass, and paint correction, but it makes the car so easy to clean, and will last 3/5 years if you treat the paintwork correctly.

These products are all much of the same thing. However, would defo be going detailer rather than getting the dealer to do it if needed.

They're so easy to apply on a new car with a light machine polish that you'd probably do fine putting it on yourself

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links