Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. I've been getting a feeling through the steering when steering right, almost like a vibration.  Doesn't  happen when steering left. Seems to drone when the speed is picked up. Probably  going to take it to a garage anyway but wondered if anyone had any ideas or pointers. Cheers

I mention wheel bearing because you say it happens when steering.  Generally it will be the side that sounds when steering in that direction as it puts more pressure and weight on that side. Getting it raised up and checking for play/binding/rumbling will give a good indication.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lex - eleven said:

Hi all. I've been getting a feeling through the steering when steering right, almost like a vibration.  Doesn't  happen when steering left. Seems to drone when the speed is picked up. Probably  going to take it to a garage anyway but wondered if anyone had any ideas or pointers. Cheers

I would check the steering fluid level first and go from there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok here's  the update to the issue...It was the wheel bearing. Thanks to "the acre" for a correct diagnosis . Sourced the part and fitted it this afternoon. Quite an easy job to do as well if you are keen on the spanners. Weirdly I had an engine light come on this morning but since replacing the bearing and taking it for a drive the light has gone off. Don't  know if a diagnostic test would reveal the bearing problem  but it just seems a bit of a coincidence . Anyway , happy days and thanks again.

• Like 2