Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Gen4 RX

I have a strange issue, twice over the space of 2 weeks the usb stick has been wiped of all content whilst being left plugged in to the socket. Worked last Monday and was not recognized on Saturday, 2 weekends in a row. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem

Could be a faulty batch of flash drives, especially if SanDisk. Flash drives tend to be quite volatile and almost always fail completely without warning (which is why they aren't supposed to be used for long-term, mission-critical stuff) but you may be lucky and yours may be trying to tell you something.

It is a Lexar and was plugged into my IS300H for 2 years with never a problem and the CT200 for 3 years before that. It could just be that it is now 5 years old but its strange that it was OK in the RX for a month before the first mystery wipe and then a week later it happened again. Fine one day then 6 days later empty and as such not recognized by the sound system

15 minutes ago, chris_fletcher said:

Except it reformats to full capacity and has been fine for 3 days now, I will wait and see if it magically deletes the content again.

They usually do reformat to full capacity and then die completely. I had this happen with a microSD card