Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Powered tailgate manual option

On my RX400h the powered tailgate can also be opened and closed manually. This is handy if you're parked close to a wall or in a multi-story with a low ceiling. Is the manual option possible on the NX?

Yes, it can be switched off. You can also stop the movement by pressing the relevant switch again to stop it going too high.

(Btw, the power tailgate is only available on the higher trims, and in some cases as an option rather than standard.) 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, Ian J. Parsley said:

Yes, it can be switched off. You can also stop the movement by pressing the relevant switch again to stop it going too high.

(Btw, the power tailgate is only available on the higher trims, and in some cases as an option rather than standard.) 

How do you turn it off please? 

The isolator switch is on the right-hand side rim of the glovebox. Open the box and it exposes the switch, but it's on the rim, not inside the glove box.

• Like 1

I noticed today when going through the menu to reset the TPMS (after lowering my tyre pressures), there was a menu item that allowed turning off the power to the tailgate.  Mine is a March 2020 Premium Sport NX model. 

Cheers

Phil 

12 hours ago, Phil Catterall said:

I noticed today when going through the menu to reset the TPMS (after lowering my tyre pressures), there was a menu item that allowed turning off the power to the tailgate.  Mine is a March 2020 Premium Sport NX model. 

Cheers

Phil 

I found this Phil and turned it off however the boot is VERY hard to open/close manually. Turned it back on! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1