Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone been drag racing?

Never been but would love to give it a go!

Can you do a standing wheel-spin on the ISF to warm the rear tyres up? If so how would you do it? 

Manual, 1st gear, foot on brake, nail the throttle, let off brake ?

No idea, but I've always wondered that too coming from manuals!

I've been to Santa Pod in my Starion before and it's good fun. You'd be surprised how nervous you get while your lining up for the lights. Definitely recommend if you get the chance, Santa Pod do "run what ya brung" fairly regularly I think.

I've been to North Weald in my RCF and it drew a lot of attention as not many people had seen one before.

It's a good day out and I think my best time was around a 13.3, but with far to much wheel spin still.

The good thing about North Weald, apart from being cheap, is that you are just on a runway so if anything goes wrong you just come off onto the grass. 

• Like 1

Regarding the brakes, you either keep your foot on the brake and bury the throttle, the theory being that the power will overcome the rear brakes (not particularly powerful, but will cook them!), and the car will be held stationary by the front brakes whilst wheel spinning.  Some cars however will not register the throttle input whilst braking, for safety reasons (when people panic during an emergency stop and stamp on all the pedals at the same time), although I'm not sure about the ISF?

The other way is to install a Line Lock. Essentially it isolates the front brakes from the rears. You keep the front brakes locked, you bury the throttle and spin the rears. The new Mustangs have this feature, so perfect for a trip down to the shops! 

I'd love to have a go at Santa Pod on a Run what ya Brung day!

17 hours ago, Ray-ISF said:

Never been but would love to give it a go!

Can you do a standing wheel-spin on the ISF to warm the rear tyres up? If so how would you do it? 

Manual, 1st gear, foot on brake, nail the throttle, let off brake ?

Yes you can but you need to disable traction control and vehicle stability control, long press on traction control switch.