Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

O/S Rear Door Shut Sticker

Hi all,

There is usually a sticker of some sort (maybe with information or a warning) stuck along the inside of the door shut (top side of wheel arch).

Could somebody please take a picture for me? Offside Rear Door shut area....

Thanks

Billy

8 minutes ago, Billnick said:

Hi all,

I just had my car back from repairs. I had the offside rear door and quarter panel replaced.

They did a good job but I couldn't help feel that something was missing when I was looking in the door area and then it dawned on me.

There is usually a sticker of some sort (maybe with information or a warning) stuck along the inside of the door shut (top side of wheel arch).

Could somebody please take a picture for me? Offside Rear Door shut area....

Do you think I could get hold of one? I know it might seem silly, but I don't want to leave any clues that there has been repairs.

Thanks

Billy

Are you on about the number which denotes original panels. Every panel has them, so you can tell if it has been in an accident or painted. Also did they replace the clear

outside piece.

15 minutes ago, Billnick said:

No I am sure there is a sticker with information on it....either tyre pressures (could be drivers door) or child lock operation?

I didn't know about any clear outside piece??

No the sticker is a number, if you look around the car under bonnet etc every thing is numbered. Look on opposite side of car should be a clear stone guard piece.

Its on the wheel arch.

14 minutes ago, VrmmVrmm said:

Wouldn't the car show up as being involved in incident/repairs on a database if a potential buyer or garage were dealing with you at the time you sell?...I don't know I'm just asking.

The stickers are mainly for the people like you and i, so we know something is amiss. It would be unusual for the door one to be missing with just a paint job.

Which was done on the outer door side. So if it was not a recorded accident nothing would show up on any dater base. I would just get a new number made up and 

stick it back on. I would just have one made up with the same amount of letters and or numbers as original. Who would know it was not factory.

37 minutes ago, Billnick said:

Haha.

I am actually very pleased with the repair. The shut lines are as good and also match the other side, the paint colour is bang on as its been blended across joining panels etc.

Was all superficial damage to outer panels, the laser wheel alignment came back spot on.

I actually came out better off as I got the garage to paint and fit my GFX kit at the same time ;-)

That is the way to do it good for you. On the blending it is what they do, so your eyes do not pick up on things. Its called fading out i believe.