Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h brake pads

I would imagine that like all Lexus models the pads would be fitted with wear sensors, the problem is they only tend to have one sensor per axle so excessive wear on the in-monitored side could appear due to a defect like a sticking caliper but not flag up on the dash warning light.

The light also may only appear when the sensor has contacted the disc rendering it scrap and at around £50.00 for a replacement not cheap.

The only sure way to check your brakes accurately  is to physically check the pad thickness during a service and not to rely on a dash light which is generally to late to save the sensor.

2 hours ago, Beejay said:

Will my dear old 400h tell me when my brake pads are wearing out?:rolleyes:

No doubt it will but the idea is preventative maintenance will catch it before the pads get to the wear indicators.

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I would imagine that like all Lexus models the pads would be fitted with wear sensors, the problem is they only tend to have one sensor per axle so excessive wear on the in-monitored side could appear due to a defect like a sticking caliper but not flag up on the dash warning light.

The light also may only appear when the sensor has contacted the disc rendering it scrap and at around £50.00 for a replacement not cheap.

The only sure way to check your brakes accurately  is to physically check the pad thickness during a service and not to rely on a dash light which is generally to late to save the sensor.

No warning light, just the metal tab that will scrap against the pad and give you an audible warning.

• Like 1

Well Lexus did not replace the brake pads because Steve in the workshop said there was still about 6,000 miles left on the pads!

It was the the tyre company that said the pads were extremely thin which was a ploy to get new pads fitted at the tyre place......:wallbash:

The 400h going to have a service at the end of the month and I will let the next owner replace the pads. :rolleyes: 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links