Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting, but I thought it was also the hassle of all the various add-ons and sensors which are needed that didn't make the job worthwhile?

I suppose if all you wanted was the nav function then the gps module would probably do, but once you get into the reversing camera, telephone, Mark Levinson stereo etc.. then it seems to get quite complicated.

When i emailed the guy according to him everything works?? I have asked for photos of cable or video of conversion been done. I am a bit sceptical myself but it has 

been done by the chinese video on utube. I emailed them for the cable but they no longer do them. It could be they have copied the chinese one. I posted the link

to the utube video and he said theirs is not like that.

I assumed that without the nav unit the extra modules weren't fitted as standard?

So you would need the gps module, reverse camera, ecu's etc..?

It would be useful to see exactly how they do it, so please keep us posted if you do get any more info.

16 hours ago, Shahpor said:

I assumed that without the nav unit the extra modules weren't fitted as standard?

It would be useful to see exactly how they do it, so please keep us posted if you do get any more info.

Here is a how to on the lexus forums

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...avigation.html

Well i have been on his shop site, and seen this for a lexus es350 same conversion done.

2007-TO-2009-LEXUS-ES350-GPS-NAVIGATION-CUSTOM-MADE-WIRING-HARNESS

Looking at the picture, i think they have just copied a genuine wiring diagram all proper connectors as far as i can see.

I emailed 2 scrap yards, for a price on the loom. But no reply yet Having both units myself, i believe one cable piggy backs into the bottom unit.

On 12/09/2017 at 8:11 AM, madasahatter said:

Well i have been on his shop site, and seen this for a lexus es350 same conversion done.

2007-TO-2009-LEXUS-ES350-GPS-NAVIGATION-CUSTOM-MADE-WIRING-HARNESS

Looking at the picture, i think they have just copied a genuine wiring diagram all proper connectors as far as i can see.

I emailed 2 scrap yards, for a price on the loom. But no reply yet Having both units myself, i believe one cable piggy backs into the bottom unit.

Guy from america emailed said the conversion works on mark lev and pioneer units. I can get complete wiring from a scrap yard for £130.00.

So may bite the bullet and try it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 4:42 PM, Shahpor said:

Seen this unit on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-4-vertical-screen-Android-car-Navigation-Player-For-Lexus-IS250-IS300-Stereo-/372025876014?epid=1481184486&hash=item569e785e2e:g:kQ4AAOSw2k9Zea7c

This is the fitting guide for none sat nav model . 

Interesting idea, but I do prefer having physical buttons for the stereo and climate control so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to adjust while driving.

Also, the time the unit takes to start when you first turn the car on would drive me mad.

For the cost, wouldn't you prefer to just get a standard nav unit?

11 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Interesting idea, but I do prefer having physical buttons for the stereo and climate control so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to adjust while driving.

Also, the time the unit takes to start when you first turn the car on would drive me mad.

For the cost, wouldn't you prefer to just get a standard nav unit?

I did buy one but the wiring is not there for it.  I have also seen an alternative one from usa. Which keeps the standard cd changer, a lot dearer unit due to customs.

Sorry, I am not trying to be dense, but does this android unit not need the sat nav wiring from the car then?

I thought that is what the wiring you linked in the first post on here was for?

6 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Sorry, I am not trying to be dense, but does this android unit not need the sat nav wiring from the car then?

I thought that is what the wiring you linked in the first post on here was for?

No they have there own wiring harness its a 10 inch android unit. Has a gps module included, all you would need is a reverse camera.