Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2009 IS220D Mark Levinson - No CD/AUX/RADIO

Basically I got banned for 9 months and the car was sat on the drive for the duration, Battery ended up dying totally and I had to buy a new Battery and disconnected old one before replacing with new to get it started. 

Once started all major functions worked fine but the head unit wasn't working, checked fuses underneath passenger foot well and found bust fuse, replaced it and the screen came on, navigation works, climate / heaters work etc but the bottom row of buttons CD/AUX/AM/FM are all unlit and unresponsive. 

When I press the audio button it just shows a screen saying AUDIO OFF and I cannot change that no matter what I press, on off button does nothing, AUX does nothing, neither do am, fm or cd, all totally dead and back lights unlit. 

My mobile phone connects to Bluetooth but when I accept a call there's no sound through speakers. Was working fine up until I changed Battery I'm hoping maybe this is more fuse related than anything else but just wondered if anyone else experienced this and if so which fuse or how did they fix it? 

Cant live without some kind of audio :(

Thanks 

Well, if you have blown a fuse then something has gone on.

Unfortunately, if you have checked the fuses and they are fine then it gets more tricky.

Since the audio unit at the bottom is a separate item from the nav section, it is possible that something has happened to only the audio bit.  To investigate further, you would probably have to take the unit out to see if there was power going to it.  Surprisingly, compared to most cars it is actually quite easy to remove it.

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Well, if you have blown a fuse then something has gone on.

Unfortunately, if you have checked the fuses and they are fine then it gets more tricky.

Since the audio unit at the bottom is a separate item from the nav section, it is possible that something has happened to only the audio bit.  To investigate further, you would probably have to take the unit out to see if there was power going to it.  Surprisingly, compared to most cars it is actually quite easy to remove it.

Thanks, yeah I did a bit of searching about online as ya do to learn more and as you say the bottom is separate so I'm going to double check all fuses first, then if still no good I will get the bottom piece removed and checked over. Worst case scenario i will replace it. Just hoping it's something simple