Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f in disguise

Difficult read with 'hi there-fi' one example!

Seems like the 2014 write up with pictures of the gt3 car.

363kg weight reduction with full carbon body can only apply to the race car I imagine.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

The above article is no good.

The camo RCF is a mule. Let's just say it prob has a different engine note.....

I would also expect a mid cycle refresh to bring the interior in line with the IS.

I've heard talks of a hardcore rcf with 500+hp similiar to an M4 competition pack so could be that too

42 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The above article is no good.

The camo RCF is a mule. Let's just say it prob has a different engine note.....

I would also expect a mid cycle refresh to bring the interior in line with the IS.

I've heard talks of a hardcore rcf with 500+hp similiar to an M4 competition pack so could be that too

Where have you heard of this 'hardcore' RCF? References, links?

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

I did wonder if there might be a bit of testing the lc-f engine without revealing any lc-f.

I don't think it's the LCF engine that they're testing. I think it's the new 4.0l V8 single turbo they'll be testing for the RC-F and GS-F

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Where have you heard of this 'hardcore' RCF? References, links?

Ah inside knowledge :zorro:

15 hours ago, rayaans said:

I don't think it's the LCF engine that they're testing. I think it's the new 4.0l V8 single turbo they'll be testing for the RC-F and GS-F

Turbo :yucky:

:wink3:

• 2 weeks later...

I would suspect there's a bit more to it than just the increase in power from 467 to 471hp. Thats not enough to notice whatsoever and certainly wouldn't be a reason to test it on the track.

Im half expecting them to put the car on a diet.

That difference (matching the LC) sounds like an ecu map change rather than anything else. 4 hp at 7100 revs. Thanks. Not going to change someone's mind is it?

RC currently has very similar power to weight ratio as m4. If they drop the weight the ratio swings in rc-f favour.

However, what's good on track not necessarily better on the road.

Carbon ceramic discs? No thanks.
Carbon bonnet and roof? No thanks.

Where would they take it from and who are they going to sell it to that doesn't want an m4 Rs amg or now, competing with themselves, the LC.

White elephant in the room is RC-F Carbon I guess... if anything it seems that it should have been more hardcore version, but from what I can see it is just cosmetically different and in that regard worse than standard car. They wouldn't need to address M4 competition pack if from beginning they would have made RC-F Carbon with proper upgrades, like ceramic brakes, properly lightweight at say 1400kg via extensive weight reduction etc. Obviously, majority of the cars sold would still have been standard RC-F's non-carbons, but at least they can put discussion to the rest of having ultimate track coupe.