Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, I have 250 2011 ref with 52k on the clock. Would it be worth getting the plugs changed now. As it is says in the service book 60k or 5 years, which ever coined first. Also will new plugs make any difference to how the runs etc. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, kellogsj said:

Hi everyone, I have 250 2011 ref with 52k on the clock. Would it be worth getting the plugs changed now. As it is says in the service book 60k or 5 years, which ever coined first. Also will new plugs make any difference to how the runs etc. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has your car had the fuel pressure sensor gasket done? If not book it in and have them done then it works out cheaper.

Most of the parts on the car have to come off to do it. Yes i had mine done before 60,000 miles runs beautiful now, i am not saying it did not before.

I payed circa £150.00 pounds. But i would of done them myself, i had already bought the gaskets from Usa. Some good how to do its on utube,

also somebody on the forum has just done them.

• Like 1

Has your car had the fuel pressure sensor gasket done? If not book it in and have them done then it works out cheaper.
Most of the parts on the car have to come off to do it. Yes i had mine done before 60,000 miles runs beautiful now, i am not saying it did not before.
I payed circa £150.00 pounds. But i would of done them myself, i had already bought the gaskets from Usa. Some good how to do its on utube,

Thanks for your reply. I too bought the gaskets from a Lexus dealer in the states, as my friend lives there. He also got me the F-sport gear knob too and brought them home for me. I shall be getting plugs done in November when the service is due. If think it will run even better then I'll go for it.
Regards. John

Thanks for your reply. I too bought the gaskets from a Lexus dealer in the states, as my friend lives there. He also got me the F-sport gear knob too and brought them home for me. I shall be getting plugs done in November when the service is due. If think it will run even better then I'll go for it.
Regards. John

Yes cars runs much better, some have run them up to 100.000 miles without change.
Welcome to the forums any questions just ask. A lot of help full guys on here who will keep you on the right path.
[/quotet

Yes cars runs much better, some have run them up to 100.000 miles without change.
Welcome to the forums any questions just ask. A lot of help full guys on here who will keep you on the right path.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be asking advice in the future. Do you drive a 250 then?

• Like 1

Yes is250 se just looking into fitting a sat nav unit. Reading up and seeing what the pros and cons are.

I have owned it for 2 years and not one issue.I change oil every 3000 mls 0ver 6 litres. If you do pollen filter make sure you watch utube video.

You can have a very expensive mistake. I have 3 sets of wheels old original with winter tyres on. Brand new original on at the moment, and also team

dynamic team sport in anthracite 18 inch brilliant and light multi spoke. Make sure slider pins on rear brakes are kept greased up. Google faults for the car

there are not many but it pays to know them. Looking at your car year you may not need the fuel sensor mod. Just go on lexus recall and put your reg in.

• Like 1

Yes is250 se just looking into fitting a sat nav unit. Reading up and seeing what the pros and cons are.
I have owned it for 2 years and not one issue.I change oil every 3000 mls 0ver 6 litres. If you do pollen filter make sure you watch utube video.
You can have a very expensive mistake. I have 3 sets of wheels old original with winter tyres on. Brand new original on at the moment, and also team
dynamic team sport in anthracite 18 inch brilliant and light multi spoke. Make sure slider pins on rear brakes are kept greased up. Google faults for the car
there are not many but it pays to know them. Looking at your car year you may not need the fuel sensor mod. Just go on lexus recall and put your reg in.

I had fuel sensor done on my other 250. But I sold that to buy the one I own now. Only issue I've had was rear brake caliper had seized on one side. So I bought the brand new modified ones from lexus liverpool for £180 for the pair. Cheapest anywhere. I've only ever owned two cars, both 250's. Absolute brilliant car to own. 25cab1115a3d4dd24a0aff46bc5ac635.jpg

I had a look at a white 60 plate is250 f a couple of weeks back i quite liked the alcantera interior.

Nice colour of blue is that mate. looks like its a well specked one. I keep toying with ideas but somebody near me has a Gs 450h in a crap green colour

but i quite like the shape. But they are not without faults either. I do not normally go through loads of cars, if i am happy with them tbh.

Normally i keep them for about 4 years. I do not like the later shape is where the running light is on the bumper. 

• Like 1

I had a look at a white 60 plate is250 f a couple of weeks back i quite liked the alcantera interior.
Nice colour of blue is that mate. looks like its a well specked one. I keep toying with ideas but somebody near me has a Gs 450h in a crap green colour
but i quite like the shape. But they are not without faults either. I do not normally go through loads of cars, if i am happy with them tbh.
Normally i keep them for about 4 years. I do not like the later shape is where the running light is on the bumper. 

I've only had for about 16 months. It's mint inside and out. I look after myself. That fusso coat is unbelievable for protection on your car. Put a pic of yours up.

31 minutes ago, kellogsj said:

I've only had for about 16 months. It's mint inside and out. I look after myself. That fusso coat is unbelievable for protection on your car. Put a pic of yours up.

178.jpg

179.jpg

181.jpg

Edited by madasahatter
ammended
  • Like 1

Mine is filthy at the moment.I machined my car when i got it and coated with Gtechniq C1 coating brilliant. When i have cleaned it properly i will upload some pictures.

She shines like a jewel, no middle headrest i took it out but still have it.

• Like 1

Mine is filthy at the moment.I machined my car when i got it and coated with Gtechniq C1 coating brilliant. When i have cleaned it properly i will upload some pictures.
She shines like a jewel, no middle headrest i took it out but still have it.

I'm going to clay bar mine in a few weeks. Then apply swissvax regular cleaner fluid the swissvax sheild. I'm on going on a detailing course. So I can use a DA polishing machine on mine. How much did it coat for the Gtechniq C1 coating.

1 minute ago, kellogsj said:

Belter. It looks mint. Is that argento silver.

Yes argento ice 1G1 a brilliant silver she not done 60,000 miles yet.Full history. Cars about 50 yrds from my home a bit of a bummer but hey ho..

it has front and rear parking sensors, hot and cold seats. I fitted Hid kit when i got it to fogs as well which are yellow. 

Just now, kellogsj said:

I'm going to clay bar mine in a few weeks. Then apply swissvax regular cleaner fluid the swissvax sheild. I'm on going on a detailing course. So I can use a DA polishing machine on mine. How much did it coat for the Gtechniq C1 coating.

I Coated it myself did 3 cars with 50ml. I get loads of compliments, when i wash it next i will take pictures in the sun it is unbelievable.

Wheels are coated with H9 product, different to apply but can be layered. Deffo clay bar and iron x it  also you will be amazed what crap is still on it.

i have a rupes 15 and a mini 75 also a normal rotary which takes 1" 2" and other size pads. sonax perfect finish is a brilliant final compound.

Its hard work but worth it. Make sure to ipa the car after compound Took 2 days to clean and polish car. About 2 hours to coat a none windy day not in sunlight. 

Make sure no rain forecast for 24 hrs. If you have a garage its better.

• Like 1

I Coated it myself did 3 cars with 50ml. I get loads of compliments, when i wash it next i will take pictures in the sun it is unbelievable.
Wheels are coated with H9 product, different to apply but can be layered. Deffo clay bar and iron x it  also you will be amazed what crap is still on it.
i have a rupes 15 and a mini 75 also a normal rotary which takes 1" 2" and other size pads. sonax perfect finish is a brilliant final compound.
Its hard work but worth it. Make sure to ipa the car after compound Took 2 days to clean and polish car. About 2 hours to coat a none windy day not in sunlight. 
Make sure no rain forecast for 24 hrs. If you have a garage its better.

It sounds like you know your stuff. The DA polishing sounds a bit safe to do, rather than using a rotary if your not trained. I'll be going down the DA route for starting off. Do you do detailing for a living.

No i do not i work at first bus. My engine bay gets a full clean every 2 weeks all covers off.  Watch white detailing on utube he is brilliant.

Some of his work is mind blowing, lists all products used and where to purchase them. It is only common sense really it is scary putting a machine to a car first time.

Never run them on full power 4 4.5 is enough, hardly any pressure. Start on 1 spread product about 18 inch square at a time its not a race. First cut then finish

different compounds. I have done a few cars for cost of products used. All car paints are different start with least aggressive pad and compounds first.

Da is safe as houses, but damage can still be done. Watch as many videos as possible scholl compounds are good S20 is a one step works for ages.

Ideal is about 6 passes over lapped so side to side 50% over lap up and down same then side to side etc. That is why they charge so much, it is back breaking

arm wrenching neck aching its unbelievable really. Shock gloves are a good idea cost about £8 or so for vibration. Start some where flat to begin with boot is a good

place. I hope i have not put you off rewards are satisfying. Forensic detailing is also good he tests stuff properly and marks them accordingly. Loads of stuff machine

polishers micro fibres etc etc. Utube channel who are you doing your coarse with.

• Like 1

No i do not i work at first bus. My engine bay gets a full clean every 2 weeks all covers off.  Watch white detailing on utube he is brilliant.
Some of his work is mind blowing, lists all products used and where to purchase them. It is only common sense really it is scary putting a machine to a car first time.
Never run them on full power 4 4.5 is enough, hardly any pressure. Start on 1 spread product about 18 inch square at a time its not a race. First cut then finish
different compounds. I have done a few cars for cost of products used. All car paints are different start with least aggressive pad and compounds first.
Da is safe as houses, but damage can still be done. Watch as many videos as possible scholl compounds are good S20 is a one step works for ages.
Ideal is about 6 passes over lapped so side to side 50% over lap up and down same then side to side etc. That is why they charge so much, it is back breaking
arm wrenching neck aching its unbelievable really. Shock gloves are a good idea cost about £8 or so for vibration. Start some where flat to begin with boot is a good
place. I hope i have not put you off rewards are satisfying. Forensic Detailing is also good he tests stuff properly and marks them accordingly. Loads of stuff machine
polishers micro fibres etc etc. Utube channel who are you doing your coarse with.

It's the guy who done some work on mine. He's really good. It's just so I'm able to do mine and family and friends to a decent standard.

On 13/09/2017 at 7:37 AM, madasahatter said:

Can you confirm whether the Lexus service includes this or is it something that's overlooked in their service schedule?

No as far as i am aware, people have run their cars with a lot more miles. It states 60,000 is optimum time to change them. Its the cost that different dealers charge

that is a worry to people. I have herd quotes of £500 and quotes of £200 ish. It is a couple of hours job i believe, so i would of done my own.

Only reason i asked dealer to do it was because of the recall. They still charged about £75.00 labour even thou most parts were already off.

Also charged me £15.00 for a puncture which i did not have. But that is another story, you do not get a service stamp i enquired about it. So service book would

only say intermediate or full service. I may be wrong another member may correct me on this.

• Like 1