Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LPG service in Surrey or North London

11 minutes ago, PJD said:

wondering if anyone had any recommendations please?

I can only recommend one in S Wales & thats profess, glam......lots of folks here used them for the conversion including me (check) in 2013.......I can only comment that London  based LPG conversions have an awful reputation  not just with users I read around that time but with 2 AA mechis as well as my own indi....

http://www.professautogas.co.uk

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation... - I have heard them recommended on here before, however, I can't believe that I am having to venture to another country in order to get what I am LED to believe is a pretty simply service...?! :)

1 hour ago, PJD said:

I can't believe that I am having to venture to another country

It's OK around Glamorgan, they speak english like us, it's when you start to go west & all over N Wales they still speak the same pre-Roman ancient Celtic they did thousands of years afore the Romans.

1 hour ago, PJD said:

what I am led to believe is a pretty simply service...?!

What seems to be the situation with a lot of LPG installers is many of them were/are one time mechanics turned to LPG.

Profess is a polish firm they send all their conversion staff on to Poland on a course, as far as I could make out non of them were mechanics before that.

My Indi sees a lot of London based conversions & not impressed at all, same as the 2 AA guys, both of them made positive comments on the instillation & said there were a lot of poorly installed cars here in London, my Indi was really impressed with my Profess conversion & he saw well into the engine as well when he had change my starting motor which means the top gasket had to come off to get at the thing.

If you do contact Profess tell them they are not the original installers, truth is, I am not 100% sure they do service other peoples instillations, I never thought of that when I replied first time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dendonc said:

It's OK around Glamorgan, they speak english like us, it's when you start to go west & all over N Wales they still speak the same pre-Roman ancient Celtic they did thousands of years afore the Romans.

It's lovely here, far nicer than that London and Glamorgan for that matter.

3 hours ago, PJD said:

service the LPG on my Lexus

Out of interest, why do you think it needs servicing? Mine had done 141k when it was installed, my last mot was May & I had 173k on it then...forgot to say, Ive never been for an LPG service

27 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

It's lovely here, far nicer than that London and Glamorgan for that matter

Yes must admit I found 'some attractions there', that said, it was not Wales when the Romans came, Wales did not exist, it was only because of an essex prince of the Catuvellauni of Essex went over there before it was Wales, he started a load of trouble with our dear friends the Romans & beat a Roman legion, so an Englishman, from the London area, is and will always be an English idea............................gone wrong:yahoo:

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Out of interest, why do you think it needs servicing? Mine had done 141k when it was installed, my last mot was May & I had 173k on it then...forgot to say, Ive never been for an LPG service

That's a bit dodgy Denis - LPG systems need servicing just like anything else. Sometimes it becomes obvious when a service is needed, filters may clog up and the car may start to run a bit rough. However, even if there's no apparent problem, things like the bolts securing the tank need to be checked for tightness; pipe joints need 'soaping' to check that they are still gas-tight and not leaking; injector timings, fuel trims and lots of other parameters need to be checked to make sure nothing has drifted out of tolerance etc., etc.

Preventative maintenance and servicing of anything from lawn mowers to cars to gas systems to whatever just makes sense, helps to keep bills down in the long run, and hopefully keeps people safe too.

By the way - did you ever sort that flasher unit out?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

By the way - did you ever sort that flasher unit out?

Nooooooo....it's a pain in the butt, in the area of the digram Lexus gave me I could find nowhere which gave any access to the area in the diagram, I will have to take it to my 'leci but I can't see him being any the wiser because 'the work as such' amounts to nothing more than taking one plug type flasher unit out and 'plugging the new one in........it's finding an access point thats the problem. What has crossed my mind is that they (Lexus) needed the VIN number to find out where it should be on my vehicle, maybe somethings got mixed up years ago....:wallbash:

Got your points about the servicing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJD said:

Thanks for the recommendation... - I have heard them recommended on here before, however, I can't believe that I am having to venture to another country in order to get what I am led to believe is a pretty simply service...?! :)

The most important thing as far as having the car modified with LPG is a quality installation and believe you me having used LPG for the last 16+ years on my car and the wifes is to get a decent installation by people that know what they are doing. There are so many cars out there with diabolic installs some people are driving a mobile bomb.

6 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

There are so many cars out there with diabolic installs

When I had to call the AA to look at my starting motor they said more or less the same thing when they saw mine (2 of them on 2 different occasions), one of them went further, he said he wanted his jag converting but because of the messes of instillations he'd seen around London he never did, so he took Professes' details and said he would get in touch with them......it seems there are some real chancers/get rich quickers here in London thats for sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steveledzep said:

It's lovely here, far nicer than that London and Glamorgan for that matter.

And so it is.  We were there last September, all along the coast to Aberystwyth and on to Snowdonia. I'm a Londoner but I'd rather peel my own fingernails off than live there again.