Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an IS-F

Hi all,

Sadly due to the low numbers in the UK, I'm struggling to find one in budget. I'm hoping to spend between £13 - 15k, is this a reasonable budget for an IS-F? There was a very nice one from R and W Motors which was high mileage but looked in fabulous condition - sadly I was late to the mark and it is now reserved. The only other one around budget is at George Kingsley Prestige Cars - the only concerning thing here is the high number of previous owners (4).

Am I best to hold out until a suitable one comes to market?

Thanks,

Josh

@JoshW Hi Josh for your budget the number of owners is more or less inevitable, many large petrol engine cars what ever the make usually have similar ownership history, people want to run the car for a year or two and then get out.

Lexus do seem to buck the trend somewhat in my experience.

Anyway The is-F is a great car with very few issues, if you bide your time the right one will come along.

Remember though there are only about 215 in the country left now so you need to be prepared to travel.

Good luck you will get a lot of help on here just ask 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1

Hi Josh, following on from what  Paul said above.

All I would add is buy based on condition, as mileage doesn't seem to be an issue. They do not seem to be as fragile as the German equivalents!!

The main things is to make sure it has been looked after and serviced properly at the correct intervals etc.

I would personally only buy one with a full Lexus history to cover the above and also with resale in mind.

Good luck with the hunt.

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for the advice, much appreciated. It seems as though my budget is going to place me in the high mileage, 2008 bracket of the market which is absolutely fine. The bad part is actually tracking down a suitable car :wallbash:. I missed out on a cracker with R And W Motor Company - 1 owner ISF serviced at Lexus Chester all its life. Fair enough it was high mileage but like you say, it's about condition not mileage.

If anyone is in the market of selling their IS-F and it happens to fall into my price bracket, by all means give me a shout as I would be interested.

Thanks,

Josh

i was the 5th owner of my 08 three years ago... With a limited budget are you aware that the road tax alone is over £500? I just spent 800 at an independent getting two new HID headlights and tracking down a minor misfire (which was a combo of the mass airflow sensor, cracked spark plug and crinked hose), so whilst reliable they are getting old now and if they go wrong, are expensive to fix even at an indi.

however, if you get one you'll love it. Lots. Especially the noise. 

enjoy your hunt...

Hi Josh,

I'd personally save or borrow an extra £4-5k and get a newer model with the revisions, and lower mileage. It's not that an 08 (my car) with high miles is a risk, but better to buy a younger car if you can I think. :cool:

I'd contemplated buying a newer model myself, and swap all my mods over, but not worth the hassle.

Servicing is important. Not so much whether it's all been done by Lexus, but more it's had annual services and recall work done. If it's an 08, should have at least 9/10 services in the history. 

A lot of people misunderstand the every 10k/per annum, and think I've not done 10k yet, will keep driving for another year etc. 

Best of luck with your search though. Cracking motors! :smile:

Cheers.

Pete

22 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

There is one on ebay.. grey one with 139k has 3 previous owners.. looks clean.. kinda tempted myself if im honest.. but really dont want 2 grey cars though. Its on for 12.7k i think.

I noticed this but was put off by the bodywork - has quite a few marks on it from stone chips on the bonnet/wing and paint damage on the rear bumper also. The servicing is all self done after Lexus Stoke also which is a put off for some