Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DEALER MEETING COMMITMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS

I have just collected my IS200D F Sport from the LEXUS dealer post warranty issues yesterday.

There were several issues I had raised and I did have to have a meeting with the center principal and the service manager to get a satisfactory result regarding the issues I had raised after owning the vehicle for 7 days!

Initially I wrote to Lexus and they refused to assist re the alloy wheel corrosion emanating from the wheel centers.  After some debate Lexus & the dealer decided to replace the rims with refurbished "Pristine" branded rims.

There were some paint issues on the bonnet, lacquer lifting.  Repainted now and very well done/matched and at least some of the minor gravel rash has also now gone .

Windscreen had been replaced sometime in the cars past and had been fitted out of square in the frame, it was not tinted nor acoustic, Replaced now with correct screen. Also the two screen pillar trims have been replaced as the clips were broken!

Car had been dealer serviced/MOT'd just prior to my collection, Missed the air cleaner and cabin air filter as they were in a shocking state  !  I replaced them but dealer contributed.

This may seem pedantic,but, I thought it would be nice if the tyre valve caps were all the same, car arrived with two metal chrome, one plastic and one black metal. Replaced, by me!

The dealer loaned us a CT200 Sport for a week and has honoured the agreement and met expectations right down to a full valet.

In essence Lexus and the dealer have redeemed themselves ,even if I did have to drive 200 miles in three round trips to get it all sorted.

Attention to detail on used vehicle preparation was the key factor here.

Interested to hear how other members may have experienced similar issues and how their dealers/Lexus responded.

well done ... made me wish I'd pushed back harder against my dealer, they sold me a sorry example and did their best at saying 'no' with a smile.... wished I'd followed tyour example and taken a stronger stance.

Thanks for your comments JumboJake, its a sad situation when a dealer group representing the prestige brand we are all incredibly enthusiastic about will poorly present a vehicle on its Lexus approved list and a three year Lexus warranty.  The best result was achieved through negotiation and debating the issues, the dealer principal accepted the issues raised and dealt with them all professionally.  The purpose of my post is to encourage LOC members to stand up for their consumer rights and get the best for their hard earned money. Not all dealers are lax,some are brilliant, some just need a wake up much like Lexus HQ.  

Lexus Dealer or not, all they want is to maximise their ££££ take from a deal and seemingly try any lengths to minimise spend on a used car before sale.

There is little honour within car dealers these days  .........  CRM  ( customer relationship management ) and customer retention is " out of the window ".  A quick buck is all that most seem to want.

They follow banks in that regard (NatWest  my gripe ) 50 years as a good and trouble free customer and I'd might as well have popped up from the gutter ( well, that's the way I feel about it anyway ) ..  rant over, and it's non-Lexus, sorry

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links