Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

remote fob hardly working

the gentleman that bought my 400 messaged me to say the remote fob as virtually stopped working even after a Battery change . he says if you rest the key on the bodywork it will unlock . any thoughts or ideas i can pass on ? regards steve

10 hours ago, ste42 said:

the gentleman that bought my 400 messaged me to say the remote fob as virtually stopped working even after a battery change . he says if you rest the key on the bodywork it will unlock . any thoughts or ideas i can pass on ?

Ohh yes, maybe I can help after all the hassle I had with the exact same problem, but, it depends on the year & the fob which went with the car that year, below refers only to my 1995 LS.

I dont know what year my fob was but my car is Aug 1995 reg. Because of the Battery change all the codes seem to change & I ended being able to get in to the car but the security system would not allow it to start, to the accompliment of the security system alarm noise, I took my fob to lexus edgware rd (original sellers) and all they could say was they had never seen a fob like mine and they could do nothing about it, it was in effect a Dinnasor of yesteryear.To cut long story of hassle short, I took it to my indis 'leci, after several hours he had disarmed the security system completely & now a Battery can be changed with no issues, however the security system no longer works, that said, what decent car thief would want to steal a 23 year old car? 

If the buyers car is around the same year with the same type fob my suggestion is he gets the security system disabled by someone able to do that, its a damn long job, so, if he scans or photos the fob & puts it on here I will know if the old type fob I had, I think that fob was changed shortly after 1995, my 1996 LS's had a different fob.

If thats all it simply does not sound like what I would call a problem of more than absolute minimal magnitude, if he wants to see a few people with bigger problems than he does then he should watch The X Factor

I had a similar problem once when I went to a place in Devon for a few days, apparently something local was interfering with my then Gs300 alarm signal, when I was in the car it worked, but outside the car it didn't, I drove about half a mile up the road, and it would work from the outside, when I drove back to where we were staying, it wouldn't work from outside.

• Thanks 1