Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300H RWD

Considering an IS300h sport MY2015 which looks to have low profile tyres, question is what will the car be like in the winter snow/ice with it being rear wheel drive? just have memories of bmws sitting still in winter months so appreciate any feedback from owners before I take the plunge.

12 minutes ago, cadman2k said:

Considering an IS300h sport MY2015 which looks to have low profile tyres, question is what will the car be like in the winter snow/ice with it being rear wheel drive? just have memories of bmws sitting still in winter months so appreciate any feedback from owners before I take the plunge.

Better than a BMW/Merc, I can tell you that much. I think its to do with the hybrid Battery pack sitting over the rear wheels helping in terms of down pressure. If you look at most BMW's/Mercs, they barely have anything over the back wheels so they just spin out - unless you put a few 25kg bags of coal in the boot that is

yes much better. i drove bm 320i and 1 series and they really struggle in the snow even with winter tyres. My IS250 and IS300h are different animals and the main contributor in my opinion is the SNOW button in the automatic. It chooses a higher gear when driving off and the anti scid kicks in very early. You can floor the throttly what you want but the electronics wont have it revs just increase slowly grip permitting.   

You wont have a lot of problems. Ice of course is another matter, then i is better to stay home!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links