Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm after an OEM front bumper to replace mine.  It disintegrated when a Badger decided to commit suicide using me as a weapon!!!

Struggling to find one.  eBay sells them but under closer inspection I think they're F-Sport bumpers.

Cheers

Marcus

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Jgtcracer Marcus there is a slim possibility that @emjay82 may have a lightly damaged one from his car, and I'm led to believe that even new they are not silly money.

Big Rat

I'm going to ring Lexus tomorrow to look at costs, wonder if Toyota can quote separately.  

I've seen quotes for new OEM bumpers around $350 in the US but not sure where to source in the UK

Marcus

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Jgtcracer I think you'll find they are about that in pounds here a fair wedge I accept but if it's not repairable probably your only option 🙄

🐀

£350 is pretty reasonable for what it is, I'll have to see though once I've spoke to Lexus.  Knowing my luck they will not have any in stock!!

Marcus

3 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

£350 is pretty reasonable for what it is, I'll have to see though once I've spoke to Lexus.  Knowing my luck they will not have any in stock!!

Marcus

What a nightmare! I did indeed have some light damage to my bumper, caught it on a dwarf wall as I was turning out of a driveway... :wallbash:.... Thinking these were mega bucks I was close to buying one used off eBay US,  but most of these had minor damage too. So called Lexus, it was about £260 ish and took 2-3 days for them to order it in, no surprise it wasn't in stock. Cost for paint was about £300 then £80 fitting by a trusted local bodyshop. My nearest Lexus dealer didn't have paint facilities but wanted £210 + just to fit it!!! :whistling:. As my damage was light, I only needed the plastic bumper, all the other bumper parts (jet washers, number plate trim etc) were transferred onto the new bumper. It was an expensive mistake but I was surprised at the sensible oem bumper cost. Hope you manage to get it sorted Marcus. 

5 hours ago, emjay82 said:

What a nightmare! I did indeed have some light damage to my bumper, caught it on a dwarf wall as I was turning out of a driveway... :wallbash:.... Thinking these were mega bucks I was close to buying one used off eBay US,  but most of these had minor damage too. So called Lexus, it was about £260 ish and took 2-3 days for them to order it in, no surprise it wasn't in stock. Cost for paint was about £300 then £80 fitting by a trusted local bodyshop. My nearest Lexus dealer didn't have paint facilities but wanted £210 + just to fit it!!! :whistling:. As my damage was light, I only needed the plastic bumper, all the other bumper parts (jet washers, number plate trim etc) were transferred onto the new bumper. It was an expensive mistake but I was surprised at the sensible oem bumper cost. Hope you manage to get it sorted Marcus. 

I'm in a similar situation to yourself in so far as it's only the plastic part that I have damaged, I've checked and everything else is ok.  

I was that annoyed when I got the badger that I made a point of finding its corpse just so I could hit it with a stick!!!!!

20170916_183616.jpg

• Haha 1