Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First trip went well đź‘Ť

Just returned from a 400 miles round trip this weekend to visit family in Scotland and first proper test drive of my new RC :cool:

On board computer read 48 mpg at end of trip mostly 70 mph motorway with some country roads at start and end of each leg 

Suspension and comfort were excellent - certainly better than my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and previous Discovery Sport - possibly as good as my last Range Rover Sport 

Starting to open her up overtaking and it's good to have some power once more as well as a pretty sweet engine/exhaust soundtrack imho 

Now done 500 miles and no regrets - love it :wub:

Did have a heart stopping moment as we got near home when a kamikaze pheasant came from nowhere and hit front corner of wing/headlight at 60 mph - thankfully no signs of damage but I don't think that pheasant survived :wacko:

• Like 1

We did a 24 hour test drive before taking plunge but didn't plan a proper trip on different roads etc so it's good this weekend trip confirmed we made right choice 

It's a superb tourer but still feels sporty and planted if you want some fun 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Muddywheels said:

Did have a heart stopping moment as we got near home when a kamikaze pheasant came from nowhere and hit front corner of wing/headlight at 60 mph - thankfully no signs of damage but I don't think that pheasant survived :wacko:

Last week i had a (japanese) wood pigeon fly into my Rx on the A42.

Straight into the front grill ! 

Fortune has it , he was killed instantly because if he had survived i would of snapped his neck in two after the mess i had to clear up and the shattered grill i now have to replaÂŁe.

• Sad 1

My Mitsubishi has a dented bonnet from one of those pigeons - happened about 3 months old - guess my Lexus just wanted to beat the record at 2 weeks old:w00t:

There's an estate near us where they run shoots and breed pheasants for that purpose - most of the little b*+@#*s appear to make a run for it and end up as roadkill on the passing road - I lost a headlamp on a Discovery some years ago and a friend did ÂŁ1000 of damage to a Mercedes

I have left many skid marks in and out of my vehicles on that road - we've nicknamed the stretch death alley 

On 9/17/2017 at 10:32 PM, Muddywheels said:

...with some country roads at start and end of each leg 

Funny enough I found RC300h to be very nice car to drive on twisty A/B roads and even eCTV seems to come alive in such condition.... kind of unexpected result.

Now I've checked in the sun light looks like scratches to bumper, wing and bonnet from impact :wallbash:
Will have to see if they'll polish out :sad:

The although mine not new it got a stone on the bonnet after a few weeks. A small Dent on the top surface :( now your first one is out the way you can relax a bit.

How are you finding the blue to clean?

Water running out the mirrors after a wash?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links