Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'M BACK......hopefully.......

5 hours ago, dendonc said:

Well this looks a good top notch 430 buy, no advisories on MOT & £5k for an 11 year old car like that is a good deal (to my mind)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS430-/263208575268?hash=item3d48742124:g:TVYAAOSwEWtZsUcx#viTabs_0

The MOT history reveals some serious corrosion issues, unfortunately. Great colour. Darker colours hide the ungainly lines of the 430.

• Sad 1

On 9/20/2017 at 9:46 AM, Newbie1 said:

The MOT history reveals some serious corrosion issues,

I dont understand your post, there are no safety issues at all or corrosion mentioned on the car >at the pasted link above your post<

Right, not a good idea to get your brother to check over a car when he is waiting for two cataract operations, the 430 was the biggest pile of crap you have ever seen, every panel needed repainting, wheels were awful (no surprise there) the interior was appalling, every seat was damaged, not worn but damaged, the center console and dash was chipped scratched and worn... I could go on..... It had been hit in the rear and the bumper was badly bent out of shape and so was the rear panel, there was evidence of water ingress into the passenger compartment (rust up under dash and even the seat belt metal ends were rusty!!) and the boot.... several stored fault codes that I didn't bother going into...

And it was described as immaculate, with no bodywork damage, it had both rear arches scraped, golf ball dent on rear wing, damage to front bumper and one front wing, as well as the already mentioned paintwork damage everywhere.... all four doors had been repeatedly smashed into whatever was in the way and one rear door was actually bent where it had been smashed into things...

I'm not saying who is selling it but it is a 2006 Canterbury Blue with Ivory interior, if anyone wants the reg or more details of it, so as to avoid it like the plague then let me know...

Nothing else on the market interests me at the moment, I want a facelifted LS430, all on sale at present are the wrong colour or age, or so ridiculously priced I'm not paying it.... I'm in no rush, something will come up... I don't want a low mileage car I would rather have a high mileage, low mileage cars suffer from more problems than high in my experience.

The SC we looked at on the way down looked lovely in the pictures and again was described as immaculate and the bodywork was pretty good but the inside had been "smart repaired" on both seats, the door card and areas of the dash and the work was not very good, it also had the rear silencers removed so sounded like an 18years olds Corsa... 

We also went to look at a 16,000mile SC430 at a Lexus dealer, (my brother doesn't agree with my dislike of low mileage cars) they are asking £17,000 for it, top money, it again was awful, front bumper badly damaged and scraped, dent on the roof, serious stone chips down the nearside, damaged leather on driver's seat, both headlights badly sun damaged, Lexus response, I couldn't believe it.... Leave a deposit and we will get the mobile painter to sort the bodywork and the trim, so another smart repair that will last a few months and then look awful, and we "may" change the headlights or have them refurbished ie, polished and it will return in a few months!!!!! They would also "probably" change the cam belt......... What is it with Lexus,  as bad as the private dealers.....

Rant over....

• Thanks 1

I think you're wrong there ...............  Lexus dealers staff possibly just don't have the incentive to worry about their customers, being supported by the " big brand ".  The small private car sales people generally understand CRM and know how difficult it is to get customers and want to hang on to them and thereby ( fingers xd ) treat them properly.

In my car sales days we had local, and more far afield customers visit time and again, year after year, changing their cars and buying for family and friends coz they KNEW we actually " cared '

Just my simple view 

Malc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dendonc said:

I dont understand your post, there are no safety issues at all or corrosion mentioned on the car >at the pasted link above your post<

I stand corrected. I must have had an older plate auto-populate when I did the search. The car does, indeed, look to be good value.

Malcolm, Decent respectable car dealers are unfortunately few and far between these days and when looking for a Lexus you don't get to pick a dealer, you are stuck with the ones that have the car you are after....

Phil, That red Lexus is a southern Irish import, and no matter what the seller says it will NOT be a UK spec car, it will be an EU spec RHD and as such will be different... They are hard to sell and are not worth what a UK spec car will go for, there is also no way to check the mileage apart from what the dealer says as it has no MOT history, paperwork is easy to forge and clocking a Lexus can be done with some software and a mobile phone and lead... I'm not saying it's not a good car or buy but it has a lot of risk with it....

The hunt continues.................

4 hours ago, Newbie1 said:

stand corrected. I must have had an older plate auto-populate when I did the search.

Mind you, there does seem to be some 'oddities' out there, this eBay, 2002 LPG 'duel fuel' reg 430, ADM 963, comes up as an Audi first registered in 2015 and is Deisel, in a DVLA check:yes:

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Mind you, there does seem to be some 'oddities' out there, this ebay, 2002 LPG 'duel fuel' reg 430, ADM 963, comes up as an Audi first registered in 2015 and is Deisel, in a DVLA check:yes:

Forgot to put this link..................                      http://ebay.eu/2homPMt

Good luck Peter, hope you find a gem.

For reference, following your feedback, I put my 430 into my body shop for a grand's worth of cosmetic treatment on Monday. Now it's going to be my car for a very long time (no swap to your 460) I thought I would invest. Can't wait to see it when I get back from working in Spain next week.

Jon

• Like 1

Jon, good idea, if you have a nice one, keep it and spend some money on it, not a lot around to replace it at the moment...

Don't forget some pictures when you get it back....

30 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

That link goes to a Lexus LS430, reg No. BL02 ORK

I know, I sent an eBay message asking about the total discrepancy, he messaged back sometime after saying he had changed the plate, I suppose its the one you quoted........ 

On 24/09/2017 at 2:08 PM, Haylands said:

Jon, good idea, if you have a nice one, keep it and spend some money on it, not a lot around to replace it at the moment...

Don't forget some pictures when you get it back....

I can testify that 430 headlights respond well to a refurb. Sadly i don't have before pictures but they are transformed.

I now have to get the dent away treatment as perfect paint work shows up all the little blemishes.

Jon

20170927_082836.jpg

20170927_082824.jpg

20170927_082810.jpg

20170927_082759.jpg

• Like 2

Jon, Looks nice, wonder how long the headlights will last, the Toyota ones lose their UV protection when you polish them and they are back yellow in a few months... hope the Lexus ones are better plastic...!!!

Those 'perfect car' non-descriptions are appalling!

I should have sold you my recently departed Citroen XM 3 litre car which WAS near perfect!

I guess people who are less particular than us hard-core Lex folk have got in on our discovery finally.

You'll have to find that rare 'one aged driver/always garaged' etc., car.

Good luck.

(The SC430 club best when looking for those?)

7 hours ago, Haylands said:

Jon, Looks nice, wonder how long the headlights will last, the Toyota ones lose their UV protection when you polish them and they are back yellow in a few months... hope the Lexus ones are better plastic...!!!

The paint shop man said I can clean them up and they will be the same in 12 months, or I can clean them and give them a new UV coat for a bit more, so I went for that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

Those 'perfect car' non-descriptions are appalling!

I should have sold you my recently departed Citroen XM 3 litre car which WAS near perfect!

I guess people who are less particular than us hard-core Lex folk have got in on our discovery finally.

You'll have to find that rare 'one aged driver/always garaged' etc., car.

Good luck.

(The SC430 club best when looking for those?)

Chris, Yep, I'm in no rush... we have now found a truly immaculate SC430 for my brother, 2007 60,000miles, Full Lexus history incl cam belt, one lady owner, Jean stain on drivers seat which has come off, apart from that, superb... so just a decent LS to find...

59cf6bd0d9f5a_media(2).jpg.92fd598fcefe27ab416524f5249c0ac3.jpg59cf6bd24958c_media(3).jpg.967920b4a5967e200dc0970078cbc1ef.jpg59cf6bd3ed5ab_media(27).thumb.jpg.56eb21cb81803d5ebedda0e8321e365a.jpg

10 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

The paint shop man said I can clean them up and they will be the same in 12 months, or I can clean them and give them a new UV coat for a bit more, so I went for that.

Any details on the UV coat, didn't know they did such a thing... Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haylands said:

Any details on the UV coat, didn't know they did such a thing... Cheers

Sorry no. I took it on faith from the paint shop man as he has done quite a bit for me over the years. I will try and remember to ask next time I see him.

• Thanks 1

Hi.  two questions one for Jon and one for Peter.

Jon.  What did you use to clean your headlights; they and your car look great

Peter.  How did you get the Jean stain off?  I have the same problem but created by me not a previous owner!

Thanks