Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat-nav in 2013 IS 350h.

Hi, I have recently taken ownership of a 2013 IS 300h. I like everything about the car, but I have one annoying issue. The sat nav map keeps taking over the centre display.

I have looked through the owners manual and I have not been able to find out how to turn of the sat nav. If I go to the audio "button" or the climare "button", on the display, and select one of them after about 3 or 4 minutes the display changes back to the sat nav map.

I don't want the map on the display unless I am using it, but I want to be able to switch to Audio or Climate and have those displays shown. But I can't.

The Navigation system is Generation I.

I have deleted all the previous data saved by the previous owner, but to no avail.

Perhaps someone might have a solution.

parkman.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have Navigation system Generation I.

I went back to dealer and he suggested just turn off the display in the settings menu. What I decided was to leave the display on "Car" showing the hybrid graphics.

I used to have a 2009 very last model Jag XJR and that had a multiple use display, but it would stay on whatever screen that you had selected, so you could leave it showing audio, or climate, or whatever, without it switching itself to the sat-nav map display.

I will just have to put up with it, I guess.

parkman.