Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Dashcam Compilations?

rayaans

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Andrew, what is that on your dash? Is it a phone with a head-up display? Looks good?

Hi @Spacewagon52,

That's a standalone HUD, plugs into the OBD port and reads from the ECU, programmable & trimmable for speed and RPM (the analogue speedo lies somewhat enthusiastically! Overreads by 8 or 9%) The orange 4.6 at the top is Litres/Hour but can display system voltage or odometer and 86 is the water temperature in degrees with a bargraph below.

My phone lives on a sticky mount just visible in the centre running Waze for navigation.

The standard speedo is not particularly well marked, only 20, 40, 60, 80 etc. shown and with the proliferation of speed cameras I need accurate speed clearly.

The HUD needs a few days fiddling to get everything how you like it and a reasonable position on the  provided self cling mat, then fit the supplied reflective film on the inside of the screen. It's a bit bright at night on unlit roads and driving into a low sun (in the UK haha) can wash it out a bit. I also shortened the nice flat cable it comes with and added a custom right angle connector as the socket on the HUD is on the left and also swapped the OBD plug casing though 180 degrees to suit a RHD car.

The seller on eBay that it came from doesn't list that exact model now, but a search for HUD in vehicle parts shows loads of different varieties, although This one appears to be the same as mine and is around the same price.

Andrew

P.S. If you get one I've kept a note of my customisation/trimming values if you should want them......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gdh300 said:

Sorry chap, I believe that's a SsangYong Tivoli, but the effect is much the same! 

Haha @gdh300 I bow to your superior knowledge! A quick Google of logos proves you correct, I do Dacia Dustbins a disservice! It will henceforth be known as a SsangYong Tw@toli!

• Like 1

Cant seem to edit my previous post - but here's the second part of the compilation 

That reversing incident was a bit weird - guy shook his head as if he wasnt in the wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is Preston town centre. The road going across is Fishergate and is one-way, the direction of flow being right to left and, as you can see, it's just one lane with wide pavements.

One numpty decided he didn't want to go round the one-way system to get back to Chapel St:

• 3 months later...
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, Comedian said:

With all the cameras and sensors on. Cars I'm not surprised manufacturers have simply not thought to fit as standard saving everyone the hassle. Can't stand them myself. Someone might report me :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Some have: Citroen's Cactus and recent C3 now have built in dashcams!

http://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/technology/connectedcam-citroen

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Some have: Citroen's Cactus and recent C3 now have built in dashcams!

http://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/technology/connectedcam-citroen

"Thanks to the GPS function within the ConnectedCAM Citroën™ app, you're also able easily find your parked car."

I am writing to the Trading Standards Advertising thingy! That is pure ageism! 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Got my dashcam up and running in the NX now and witnessed a bit of a cockup earlier today.

Lots of old people in Budleigh Salterton and quite a few are still driving and shouldn't be!

This is a video of an old boy seemingly having just left the doctors surgery which is in the road that he has just come out of, i.e. the next road on the left after the traffic lights. Watch for his dark car coming out of the road whilst I am sat at the red light, then keep your eyes peeled as to where he is when he is joining the line of traffic as I am approaching.

There are people in Budleigh who won't go into town in their 'Best Car' for fear of getting it clouted!

Budleigh.mp4

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2017 at 12:57 PM, Verbout said:

I find most dashcam incidents are too trivial to post, someone cuts you up, doesn't go on green because they're having a shave or putting on makeup. It happens.

I very rarely react to the offenders.

exactly. the sole reason i put a dashcam is for accidents/parking. the rest, not worth my blood pressure.