rayaans

Your Dashcam Compilations?

Recommended Posts

 

So I assume you're "Batley Dashcam Man"? :rolleyes: I don't have sound on my office PC, I hope you're not ranting too?

Must get myself one of these...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learner drivers AND experienced drivers could learn a lot from video footage like this. Thanks for sharing. Audio is just music - but good captions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cars fitted with dash cams always seem to be involved in some sort of road rage or RTA, I'm steering well clear and not fitting one in my car!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one that comes up on my youtube feed, a Yorkshire lad, who posts similar stuff.

I find most of his rants, and he is a little foul mouthed, are unnecessary. A little forethought while driving i.e. anticipating what other drivers and pedestrians may do is all thats needed.

One incident occurred while he was driving in a busy Morrisons car park. I could see as he entered an old lady was going to cross into his path with her trolley, but he either didn't see her or didn't want to see her. He slammed on the brakes for the dramatic effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, Verbout said:

A little forethought while driving i.e. anticipating what other drivers and pedestrians may do is all that's needed.

Agreed. I'm no saint and there have been times when I've shouted and gestured then felt deeply ashamed of my behaviour. Yes there are idiots out there but there are also visitors in unfamiliar surroundings, people who just don't drive much and inexperienced road users like we all were at some point either on foot, on a bike or in a car.

But yes, more videos Batley Bandit :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the cameras and sensors on. Cars I'm not surprised manufacturers have simply not thought to fit as standard saving everyone the hassle. Can't stand them myself. Someone might report me :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rich1068 said:

So I assume you're "Batley Dashcam Man"? :rolleyes: I don't have sound on my office PC, I hope you're not ranting too?

Must get myself one of these...

Nah no rants at all. It's my sons car and his videos. I've seen the original footage and he just says Oh ***** a few times or laughs 

10 hours ago, Verbout said:

There is one that comes up on my youtube feed, a Yorkshire lad, who posts similar stuff.

I find most of his rants, and he is a little foul mouthed, are unnecessary. A little forethought while driving i.e. anticipating what other drivers and pedestrians may do is all thats needed.

One incident occurred while he was driving in a busy Morrisons car park. I could see as he entered an old lady was going to cross into his path with her trolley, but he either didn't see her or didn't want to see her. He slammed on the brakes for the dramatic effect.

Yh that's probably the Electric Dashcam Man lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My contibution: BMW's are clearly exempt from sticking to the speed limit! Skip to 2:30 so you don't have to listen to Thai pop music (no swearing as the little woman was with me!)

YouTube

https://youtu.be/6IVQYpYPz60

Help..... can someone remind me what the php code is to embed YouTube videos please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

My contibution: BMW's are clearly exempt from sticking to the speed limit! Skip to 2:30 so you don't have to listen to Thai pop music (no swearing as the little woman was with me!)

YouTube


https://youtu.be/6IVQYpYPz60

Help..... can someone remind me what the php code is to embed YouTube videos please?

Copy and post the whole youtube link with youtube.com in it. Otherwise it doesn't embed

BMW driver was going at like 50mph down that road! 

Got some more footage in but itll take a while to make a compilation. Lets just say it involves a BMW, one that was marked for starters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rayaans , OK, let's try again (time for editing the previous thread has expired)

My contribution: BMW's are clearly exempt from sticking to the speed limit! Skip to 2:30 so you don't have to listen to Thai pop music (no swearing as the little woman was with me!)

Well I never! That's a much easier way to embed than most other forums..............

One further question, I seem to have forgotten how to 'tag' someone in a post........?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rayaans said:

Nah no rants at all. It's my sons car and his videos. I've seen the original footage and he just says Oh ***** a few times or laughs 

Yh that's probably the Electric Dashcam Man lol

Yep, that's him, he drives a Nissan Leaf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Verbout said:

Yep, that's him, he drives a Nissan Leaf. 

I do find his videos quite hilarious though. Seen his car pootling around Bradford sometimes as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a dashcam for over two years and I've still nothing worthwhile to post! Apart from the daily Audi and VW Golf knobbery (hardly worth reporting), interesting incidents seem to have passed me by. Perhaps I should be grateful! I am however serious considering a backwards facing camera to supplement my Mobius; so many tailgaters...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a dashcam after a woman reversed into me while I was stopped and claimed I ran in the back of her - took me 18 months of fighting until she backed down - she should of been done for fraud but nothing happened to her:wallbash:

On the PHEV forum they remove dashcam footage if you post it:rolleyes:

I've caught a few incidents over the years but thankfully not needed to use them yet:blush:

This clip was just posted on a LR forum I frequent - MUTE THE SOUND :ohmy:

 

https://youtu.be/YitRBrokzhI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find most dashcam incidents are too trivial to post, someone cuts you up, doesn't go on green because they're having a shave or putting on makeup. It happens.

I very rarely react to the offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally sympathise with the driver of the white car. Discovery's are such ickle tiny things, barely noticeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't comment, I did exactly that many years ago pulling out of a layby, into a neighbours car.

My defence was to blame the rugrats in the back for distracting me.

It wasn't true, and I fessed up to being careless.   :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 8:40 AM, Spacewagon52 said:

Learner drivers AND experienced drivers could learn a lot from video footage like this. Thanks for sharing. Audio is just music - but good captions.

I think Learners would certainly benefit from dashcam videos.

Instead of that rubbish "click when you see a hazard" which is actually a skill you gain over years of driving, they should make them watch a dashcam video and answer some multiple choice questions on what went wrong. 

The point of my posted video is not to have a go at those involved but to highlight what does actually happen in real life and how it can be quite dangerous. That girl who walked out in front of the car, if the car was travelling at 30mph, she'd be on the bonnet. With the reversing car, there was a chance of collision and the Citroen swerved and may have caused a head on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rayaans said:

I think Learners would certainly benefit from dashcam videos.

Instead of that rubbish "click when you see a hazard" which is actually a skill you gain over years of driving, they should make them watch a dashcam video and answer some multiple choice questions on what went wrong. 

Amen to that. I subscribe to a couple of UK dash cam channels on YouTube; I feel there's always something to learn, even us old f*rts. Admittedly a lot of the clips say more about the dash cam driver than the other driver, but some are are instructive. And some are mind-boggling! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdh300 said:

Amen to that. I subscribe to a couple of UK dash cam channels on YouTube; I feel there's always something to learn, even us old f*rts. Admittedly a lot of the clips say more about the dash cam driver than the other driver, but some are are instructive. And some are mind-boggling! 

Agreed. There are some extremely silly ones where you just wonder what happened to cause that.

A lot of problems seem to be caused by not doing the basics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further to my previous video of being overtaken in a 'lower than national speed limit' area, it seems it's not limited to just BM's Monday evening on the way home from work Dacia Dustbin (must be a GTi!) this time. I must have an invisible sticker on the back of my car saying 'overtake me I'm a dawdling old fart' NOT! Narrowish road, 38-40 MPH GPS and he still had to overtake!   Unprintable words here!

Andrew

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, C Andrew Green said:

...Dacia Dustbin (must be a GTi!)...

Sorry chap, I believe that's a SsangYong Tivoli, but the effect is much the same! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew, what is that on your dash? Is it a phone with a head-up display? Looks good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now