Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200H F-Sport impressions after month of ownership

Krs1958

I purchased my CT200H in mid August from Inchscape Derby. The car is a 2014 model in white with 27000 miles on the clock. 

Having previously owned a 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander diesel with a dual clutch automatic, it was a real change to drive a hybrid hatchback with a ctv gearbox.

First impressions were good. Fantastic build quality, superb stereo and brilliant fuel economy compared to my previous Outlander. The Outlander managed low to mid thirty’s on mostly rural roads. I did give it a good run every couple of weeks on the motorway to clear the car out. (I had no problems with the DPF during my ownership of the car) I also used Shell V-power diesel. I have started to use Asda’s unleaded now having used V-Max  petrol for the last month. I will see what difference that makes to mpg and engine running.

I don’t do any more than 8000 miles a year so the hybrid did make sense to me. 

The CT200H is a lot quieter than the Outlander and handles a lot better. (Obviously the Outlander is a SUV)  I find the F-Sport suspension while firm is not uncomfortable. This means better progress on the rural roads I travel to work on. Fuel economy is working out between 50 & 60 mpg using brim to brim calculations. (The onboard mpg information shows 49.5 mpg and hasn’t moved during the last 800 miles. I would expect the mpg to drop during winter months. 

I love the hybrid drive train and like using EV mode when stuck in traffic. (Which is most days on the way back from work) The car is so unstressed in traffic. Most of the time I use standard mode. I don’t like using eco which I think to slow. When I go out on motorways and dual carriage ways I do use the sport mode to accelerate then when at the desired speed switch back to normal mode. 

With the ICE I have now got passed trying every setting and have settled to using the same settings and displaying the same information on the screen. I do miss not having the hard drive on the ICE unlike the system in the Outlander but I’m using my phone for music via Bluetooth so that works OK. The DAB is better than the one I had added to the stereo in the Outlander and stations do not drop out on all my commuting and travelling so far.

I’m a lot smoother driving with this car and love the challenge of getting more mpg and anticipating the traffic and not touching the brakes more than needed. It has bought a new enjoyment to driving and I believe has made me a better driver in the process. 

Also the dealer experience has been good up to now. Any niggles I’ve had with the car have been addressed and the back up seems excellent. The only things that could be improved are self cleaning and running on fresh air! I suspect both won’t be offered by any car manufacturers anytime soon!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Krs1958 said:

I’m a lot smoother driving with this car and love the challenge of getting more mpg and anticipating the traffic and not touching the brakes more than needed. It has bought a new enjoyment to driving and I believe has made me a better driver in the process. 

Long gentle braking is good in the hybrid as it recharges the Battery, using regen tech and not the discs and pads. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I’m sure I will get more MPG as I improve the smoothness of my driving.

While at the Derby Community Hospital this morning a 17 reg NX pulled up next to me. Lovely car in a dark bronze colour. Hybrid as well then on the other side of me a Toyota Auris hybrid pulled in. There’s more of these Toyota / Lexus cars around than I thought once you start looking around.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m  starting to improve my MPG on my CT200H. I use brim to brim filling to ensure accuracy on the readings. Most of my motoring in town and commuting to work with the occasional longer trip. 

Last fill up was 51.7 mpg. The average mpg read out on the car says 49.8 so it’s pretty accurate. 

On another topic, I do like the 2018 facelifted models. If I feel up to leasing a new car I may change in 2020 when I have paid for my current F-Sport. (If the CT200H is still on sale of course, if not then a low mileage used model should do the trick. That should see me up to retirement in just under 7 years. (I will still work on if able to for a bit)

• Like 1