Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f tyres and chat

So anyone changed tyres yet?

Did you refit pilot super sport or something else?

How long did they last?

Also how many miles are you doing? I'm heading for clocking as little as 3000miles once winter has passed. Partly due to me also having a bike to put sunny miles on and me refusing to take it to the supermarket for the 'spend 50 on shopping and have your doors dented for free' offer they are running. Although waitrose is usually empty so I'll go there, but don't buy anything as it's a rip off. I'm rambling :D

Is this sounding familiar or is it me being daft?

I want to drive it more, I love the car but I never see the point of starting it up to go 5 miles to work with other commuters.

Then there's the attention and endless questions if you go to a party or a BBQ. Someone asked me if it was a turbo. Naturally aspirated says I. Carburettors? I don't want to talk about engines with you :D

Then there is the going everywhere over ...... Er let's say ......... over 59.

So I spent all that money and do more miles in a 1ltr s***box but I used my is250 everyday.

Am I alone in my logical idiocy?

I was away for the kemble meet. Are there others?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

18000 miles on the original tyres; still plenty of life left

My parking solution is to park on the end of a row as far away as possible from other cars. 

On 9/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, MNMJ said:

... My parking solution is to park on the end of a row as far away as possible from other cars.... 

In addition to standard precautions such as seeking out uncrowded areas of car-parks, choosing new and expensive cars as neighbours,

parking next to walls in order to reduce the risk of side-dents, avoiding parking next disabled spaces or cars with disabled permits or ones

with baby-seats and/or damaged bodywork etc., I sometimes adopt the practice, when getting into position within parallel stripes, of

turning the steering-wheel to full-lock and leaving it there so as to maximise the protuberance of the front wheels and thus visibly increase

the car's width.  The increase is not enormous but it is surprising how often it can get pedestrians who take shortcuts between cars to

change their direction and movements by amounts sufficient to make them rub against one of the adjoining cars and not yours.  Of course

the stratagem is far from infallible, but it can be useful in car-parks where there is a lot of foot traffic, and is especially recommended

where items of luggage, trolleys, shopping-bags or trendy large studded handbags, or combinations thereof, pose a possible threat

I sometimes adopt the practice, when getting into position within parallel stripes, of

turning the steering-wheel to full-lock and leaving it there so as to maximise the protuberance of the front wheels and thus visibly increase

the car's width.

I like that idea Renato. I shall give it a go

MNMJ:   Even if the effectiveness may not be objectively demonstrable, I reckon that any measure you can take to protect your car when

leaving it parked out of your sight is at the very least worth thinking about.   I don't make a habit of skulking around car-parks for longer

than necessary but, once or twice, having preferred to wait for my wife rather than go into a supermarket with her, I have stood and

observed the foot traffic around my car after parking it in the full-lock stance.   That people are, as intended, obliged to pass closer to the 

neighbouring cars is in itself no bad thing but the best result, alas not as frequent, is represented by those who see the angled wheels

not as an obstacle to be skirted but as a barrier to be avoided, in which case they choose other pairs of cars to walk between.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links