Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Window thorugh Lexus Insurance - Help/Guidance

holiday

Hi

I wanted to inform you that we are getting our windscreen replaced via Auto Windshields who are replacing our CT200 windshield as it was chipped when we received it and Inchcape are refunding us with the excess and has been approved by Lexus insurance.

I wanted to ask as Auto Windshield are replacing it with the original glass is there anything which I should be aware of and also as all the glasswork has VIN etching can the auto windscreens etch the numbers or does it not matter.

Also I hope that they refit the DAB aerial and auto windscreen properly.

Please do let me know.

• 1 month later...

You sure it's the original glass or OEM spec glass? 

The original glass is made by a Japanese manufacturer and is fitted in factory. AFAIK they don't get shipped to the UK often and certainly won't be in stock so would be at least 2 weeks before they could get one.

Only issues are fitment of seals and wiper arm adjustment. Auto wipers may not work properly though afterwards.

agree with rayaans regarding the auto wipers not working properly the sensor has to be placed on the glass perfectly for it to work flawlessly,

with inchcape being involved if the wipers dont work as they should i would let them relocate the sensor.

• 1 month later...

Just had my front screen replaced by Autoglass.  Being the UK I could immediately tell that the rain sensor was working ok (thankfully).  Aside from some smears on the inside of the screen, a couple of grubby finger marks on the A pillar and some flecks of plastic / rubber at the base of the screen (to be hoovered out soon) all seams good thus far.  I will, however, check the source of the glass per comments above. I've also no longer got the little grey Lexus assist sticker on the passenger side.  There is also a slightly different black line around the edge of the hashed area where the sensors are on the screen.  Just aesthetics of course but I am a stickler for having it look as it was intended.  Either way, nice to have a brand new shiny screen sans a 12 inch crack on the passenger side!  

2 hours ago, pshawfocus said:

Just had my front screen replaced by Autoglass.  Being the UK I could immediately tell that the rain sensor was working ok (thankfully).  Aside from some smears on the inside of the screen, a couple of grubby finger marks on the A pillar and some flecks of plastic / rubber at the base of the screen (to be hoovered out soon) all seams good thus far.  I will, however, check the source of the glass per comments above. I've also no longer got the little grey Lexus assist sticker on the passenger side.  There is also a slightly different black line around the edge of the hashed area where the sensors are on the screen.  Just aesthetics of course but I am a stickler for having it look as it was intended.  Either way, nice to have a brand new shiny screen sans a 12 inch crack on the passenger side!  

The best way to check if genuine Lexus is look where the VIN is. It should have a Lexus Logo. 

If not a genuine Lexus screen, will say pilkington or other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, rayaans said:

The best way to check if genuine Lexus is look where the VIN is. It should have a Lexus Logo. 

If not a genuine Lexus screen, will say pilkington or other.

I had mine replaced by National Windscreens last year. When I contacted my insurance company they said it would be replaced by a Pilkington one as they apparently make them for Lexus. However, when the guy came to fit it it was genuine Lexus with the logo etched in the bottom left corner. The only difference is that it doesn't have the VIN number on it. As for the auto wipers they work better now than before!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links