Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

04 Lexus LS430 Door Mirror Removal

Hi Guys

I need to replace my mirror housing - to do this i need to first remove the mirror from the hosuing - does anybody know how to remove the actual mirror from the housing  - i have tried pulling at the bottom but its not releasing.

many thanks

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

Hi Guys

I need to replace my mirror housing - to do this i need to first remove the mirror from the hosuing - does anybody know how to remove the actual mirror from the housing  - i have tried pulling at the bottom but its not releasing.

many thanks

Hi Mark, you have to pull the glass up really hard, it feels like it will break but it doesn't (hopefully). I did mine last year so I know how horrible it feels as you increase the pressure.  The main thing is to apply even pressure with two hands about a quarter inch in from each end. Make that a quarter of the way in from the end, not a quarter inch!  That's what happens when you use a smartphone!

There is a workshop manual procedure for removal of the mirror on the LS400 which I believe is the same on the 430.

Get a strong rag and insert from the bottom and get up behind the mirror so it is equal on both sides and  pull upwards and outwards at the same time  with equal pressure on both sides.

this does remove the mirror and mirror back frame from the mirror internal chassis.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys

Yes you are right - you really have to put some muscle power in there to get it off. When I was pulling the whole mechanism behind the mirror was moving so after reading your posts i tried again - I used one hand to keep the mechanism in its place and pulled the mirror reallly hard with the other hand and that done it! - the rest was very easy just 2 connectors and 4 screws - mirror is as new now.

I also had to replace the Passenger side Xenon bulb - that proved to be a challenge aswell - in the end i had to remove the airfilter box and undo the coolant bottle from its place to make room for my hands and also to be able to see the bulb housing and clips.

I still have one problem pending which is no sound from the audio - I will start another thread for this.

thanks once again again aguys