Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk3 ls400 light upgrade

If your lights were like mine, almost original, and you fancy an upgrade, my side light went out, so I thought I'd change all four.

so I read the tutorials, seemed pretty easy, got two Philips racing vision headlights and some white sidelights.

then found my lights were quite brittle, and do take a firm hand in removing. One clip broke on the side light requiring bonding. 

I also found out that the bulb wasn't out and it's actually the side light connections that are a bit temperamental. Any suggestions?

Happy with the result though, I might end up replacing the deteriorating plastic units at some point

Total cost £26 plus the worry that anything plastic would break at any moment, and the need to sort the connectors for the side lights

IMG_4465.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4467.JPG

• Like 2

I've only ever replaced one headlight bulb in the 75k miles I've had this car .........  ( now on 199k )  .  I was always replacing rear offside stop lamps on my previous two, well, two bulbs I think actually and over about 10 years and 110k miles

apart from service items I'm of the " old school " ......  if it ain't broke leave it well alone  ....  coz you might just break it :whip:

Malc

• Like 1

Thats a definate improvement.

I remember doing my sidelights many years ago - once you have removeed the top screw there is no indication of how its fitted - you cannot insert a screwdriver between the light and wing for fear of chipping the light or paint - you can't even grip the lght properly  - I did manage it in the end but only after I skinned one of my knuckles lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links