Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer servicing courtesy car

Shd995

hi,

ive just hit 102k mileage on my CT and booked myself in for the devastating £545 100k mileage.

on the phone, they asked me if id need a courtesy car and i said yes. obviously i have a CtT but ive always wanted to try the IS300H as im considering it next. bearing in mind that i am 22 years of age and the test drives only allow people aged 25 and over. They told me that they would provide a CT for courtesy car and i was too scared and didnt know how to beat approach them in asking if i could try out the IS300h. is it possible for me to request a ct or is it a like for like car thing. i felt like i would be asking them for too much at the time. 

any thoughts or experience involving this?

if you look on your insurance policy it will normally state that your insurance will cover you to

drive a car that is not owned by yourself and been loaned to you whilst your car is in a garage

for service / repair, just take your policy in with you as they shouldn't have a reason to say no.

1 hour ago, 200h said:

if you look on your insurance policy it will normally state that your insurance will cover you to

drive a car that is not owned by yourself and been loaned to you whilst your car is in a garage

for service / repair, just take your policy in with you as they shouldn't have a reason to say no.

Quite the contrary  - most policies now state that they WONT cover you to drive another car, even third party sometimes.

11 minutes ago, 200h said:

i have just checked my aviva policy and i can drive a garage courtesy car on my insurance

and kath is insured with churchill and kath is also covered,below is an extract from the churchill policy booklet.

IMG.jpg

Where does it state in that extract your wife can drive a courtesy car under her own insurance?

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Where does it state in that extract your wife can drive a courtesy car under her own insurance?

the heading starts with you are not covered

then move down to the exceptions list 1st blue dot (4th dot from the top)

4 minutes ago, 200h said:

the heading starts with you are not covered

then move down to the exceptions list 1st blue dot (4th dot from the top)

Mmm. I read that as meaning your car is covered, not that you are covered to drive a different vehicle?

The section is dealing with who uses your car.

"We will not cover any injury, loss, damage or liability whilst your car is being.....

This exception does not apply if your car is ..."

Quite the contrary  - most policies now state that they WONT cover you to drive another car, even third party sometimes.
I'm with Aviva. I understood that I can't drive another car without asking permission. I must admit, I've driven my dad's, only once, without realising.

When I was insured with LV a few years ago, I could drive any car without letting them know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Shd995 said:

I felt like i would be asking them for too much at the time. 

any thoughts or experience involving this?

Just state exactly that - I am interested in IS300h, can I have it as loaner instead of CT... it is that simple... they will jump over their own head hoping to sell it to you. I got RC300h for 24h drive without any issue - it was much harder to get RC-F (still trying).

you're quite right thar you do have to ask permission before using another vehicle
otherwise the vehicle has been taken without the owners consent or stolen.
Permission from the insurer???

1 hour ago, thar said:

Permission from the insurer???

Admiral and associated companies don't let you drive other vehicles. Not really a concern as dealer has insurance for the courtesy car anyway

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links