Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200D F Sport Battery

Some of my other posts will have been read by other members regarding the issues I have experienced sorting out some of the minor service issues and esthetics inc paint and wheel rims.  I have been fortunate to negotiate with the dealer to resolve all of these issues detailed in another thread.

One element of the vehicle that I was very suspicious about was the condition of the Battery and this being the O.E Japanese Battery from 2012.  I was assured that this had been load tested !!

After six weeks I had noticed the vehicle struggling to cold start so I decided to make my own tests.

This was carried out and after simulated max current load for 30 seconds to simulate extended cranking, the Battery voltage dropped to 11.28V, max current delivered on load was well below the 680CCA supposedly available on the old batteries specs.

So I took advantage of a very good offer from EuroCar Parts last week, 50% and free carriage on batteries.  Decided on a Bosch/Varta 12v 95AH 830-CCA, 4 year warranty.

The new Bosch Battery is now installed, what a massive difference , decidedly quicker starting, reducing cranking,  The increased "CCA" over standard will be good to have in reserve in cold wather.

The old battery is very interesting, the case is distorted at both ends as are the sides, all Bulging.  The electrolyte is discoloured and when measured (not under load),  post charging, its  showing 12.02V.  Indicating I think that its generally past its best !!

I have also tested the alternator and its functioning well.

Looking forward to Mondays chat already.  Not what you would expect from a car from a Lexus dealer !

I know its only a Battery but I do have a bee in my bonnet now with the dealer given all the other issues, least the cars top notch now :-)

Well... I would think it is too late, I would have contacted them before replacing it with evidence it not being in good shape in contradiction with their previous claims. Now as you have already replaced the Battery yourself what you expect from the dealer? (honest question).

A financial contribution at best is what I am going for and to be honest 68 mile round trips and half days in their showroom after 7 visits already in 8 weeks is getting to be a pain !

Might get something, or at least a discount of the next service, see what they offer !

I'm just happy to be at the end of the trail now and the F Sports all in great order to be enjoyed so £90 is small change in the great scheme of things.

Its all good now :-)  

That was my expectation and exactly the reason why I have asked. In my experience it woudl be possible to get them discount the car by £100, then to get £1 contribution after the fact. At very best I believe you could have managed to get them to change the Battery, but to pay you £90 in cash will quite difficult (just my opinion).

Agreed,I will be happy with a contribution as I dont have to drive there and argue/debate again and waste half a day ,so a discount off the next service will do fine, its a moral victory as I have won all, the others :-) 

Funny thing, the sale manager rang me today , wanted to buy the F Sport back at £1000 more than I paid and had an IS 300 Hybrid I was looking at when I was there last, bless they never give in :-)  Be happy with this one for now, give it 18 months and I may be interested :-)

I would agree straight away for that, if they just buy back IS200d from me... quick profit! Though, I guess it is conditional for you to buy 300h.

Yep... discount for next service seems achievable goal - good luck!