Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

gen 4 RX450H Fuel consumption

I am impressed and a little surprised that I havent had less than 39mpg (calculated) yet, mixed driving with a lot of stop start through rush hour traffic which depletes the Battery quite quickly. The last tank was again 39mpg but the car said 38.6.

The cars fuel consumption calculation is the closest to actual that I have had in any car. My previous IS300H was consistently at least 5-6% optimistic

Does anyone else have similar experience

• Like 2

My car computer says 40.4mpg average after my first 1000 miles or so. I've not checked the gallons in versus miles out myself.

That's after some fairly mixed driving though I tend to drive fairly gently and keep below 60mph on motorways.

I keep the car in "Normal" mode and I've had plenty of start-stop journeys.

Which? magazine reported 37.2mpg combined for the RX. I tend to trust Which?

The Fuelly website reports 27.1mpg average for a 2016 RX. This is for mostly US results so this will be miles per US gallon i.e. about 32.5 miles per "real" gallon.

I had an IS220D before and it's computer said 34.5mpg - so I'm well pleased (and surprised).

• Like 1

I have just completed a 1500 mile holiday travelling to and from and around Ireland and got an overall consumption of 34.6mpg, not too shabby considering the type of driving and the amount of stuff plus three passengers being lugged about.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links