Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT - Autoexpress most reliable car!

kal

53 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

But they are "top 20", so I would not expect large difference between 20 most reliable cars anyway, but from thousands models on offer from all manufacturers the spread will be huge.

surprisingly the second best, that is the Jaguar, have a 31% of owners reporting problems - much more than third or fourth or the rest really - , yet it comes as second.

A bit bizzare to say the least

On 9/24/2017 at 12:26 PM, Linas.P said:

But they are "top 20", so I would not expect large difference between 20 most reliable cars anyway, but from thousands models on offer from all manufacturers the spread will be huge.

I disagree. I really don't see legions of non CT cars lining the streets with their bonnets raised. Generally, modern cars are reliable...even the worst. Of all the cars one might see on a days journey, which must go well into 10s of thousands how many breakdowns do we see? Also , of those we see, how many are less than 7 years old?

That is not my point - not sure where point of broken down CT's lining the streets came for. The claim was - there are very little difference between "top 20". My point was - obviously there is no difference because that is the TOP 20, so that is 20 most reliable cars, but if you compare the top 20 with bottom 20 the difference would be stark, even top 20 with something in places 180-200.

I would agree that modern cars are generally more reliable IF properly maintained, but depending on the car it might have more or less work done under warranty.

Here is the story to illustrate that - my father had a company which ran ~30 car which were all new mk5 golfs. At some point (within first years) 21 out of 28 cars were in various stages of warranty works with various degree of faults. As it happened VW ran out of loan cars and instead of having 28 cars park only like 10 were available including loaners. That resulted in lawsuit and 28 Golfs were returned as not suitable and instead Toyota's were leased, I believe it was mixture of Yaris, Corolla and others... and there were no issue over the period of 4 years (lease). Both Golfs and Yaris were new, but it is clear from above example that even modern cars can be unreliable - as for personal use that might not be an issue to have you car for 2 weeks of warranty work, but as for business it is big issue to have half of car park to be stuck and inaccessible.