Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

steering pump required

Hello everyone... It looks like my steering pump is knackered, does anyone have one for sale ?  Is it a big job ?

Any help would be appreciated........ Thank you. Roy.

Ps... My Lexus Ls 400, is a 1995 Mark 3

Hi Roy - I have just ordered a recon pump from someone I know in the trade - cost is 130 plus vat and delivery 3 days with no exchange - I had been told that my only option was to take mine off, send it away, wait two weeks, go even greyer, etc. etc.

If it's good when it comes I'll give you the details of where to get one.

Hello again.... One other thing when I came off the motorway my car cut out as though the revs were not high enough......it started ok, but the engine cut out on another couple of occasions when pulling to a stop, each time it started ok and runs ok.....Any ideas anyone....Save my Bacon.. Thank you Roy.

Roy, the cutting out happens to most Mk3s ........... there's no known solution that I nor my indy know of ( and he's tried everything he thinks )  .........  I just understand, after 6 years, just when that's likely to happen, slow down with left foot on brake and right hovering on other pedal.  If I miscalculate I find that quickly popping it into N and re-starting whilst coasting works fine.

As you say simply re-starting her solves the issue.

Unnerving the first few times, but only seems to happen to me after a good run and sometimes when the weather is too warm !

If, as happens to me, I'm nearly home and get stopped at the lights just as it's about to cut-out, I just leave it in P whilst engine is running at the lights and by the time they change to green the revs have automatically just edged up sufficiently and she's " good to go " again without interruption.

The only anomaly ( I think ) with this wonderful car.

De-stress and try my solution maybe

Malc

Hello, Thanks malcolm, but im sure I read somewhere how to fix this problem, but its a long time ago... Perhaps someone who will read this will remember, and put us on the correct path.. Lets hope so..... Anyway thank you very much for your help...... Cheers Roy.

Hi Roy - I was going past today so popped in to collect the promised pump - now told I have to send mine off first!

Found my spare one and have sent it to the people who do my trucks instead, I will tell you how it works out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links