Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam

Just had Black View front and rear cameras fitted. It came with a power save modual so it records while the car is parked.

the unit has several settings and is set at the moment to shut down completely after 12hours or 12v on the Battery.

lexus dealer not willing to comment on the voltage setting, anybody on here got any experience on the subject.

I have the Thinkware F770. It actually has built in power saver as standard, no need for an additional bit of hardware.

I set mine to 12.3 volts or 12 hours. Usually hits that voltage before the time does. Hybrids have small batteries and the dash camera won't feed off the hybrid Battery when engine is not running.

I've never had an issue starting the car for 8 months since having the camera on the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Muddywheels said:

I would of thought the hybrid battery just powers the electric motor and the engine and accessories are powered from the normal 12v battery as usual:unsure:

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm 

This is my understanding, yes. 

However, once the green 'ready' light is on, the hybrid Battery takes over and power is supplied to accessories from that. At this 'ready' point, the car is on, and in a non-hybrid vehicle, the combustion engine would be running and powering all the accessories.

If your hybrid has shut its combustion engine off, the hybrid Battery is able to power and run all accessories that the driver is demanding. The hybrid in 'ready' state is a substitute for a running petrol engine.

This is my understanding. 

• Thanks 1