Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Far as I am aware there is no auto fold option available to us. I have no idea why.
Although, if you leave the adjuster rocker switch to the left or right, it should dip the mirrors in reverse for better visibility.

I never had auto fold on locking mirrors on my 2007 SE-L ( I think it was added around 2009?) so I invested in a PO-40 module to achieve this. Had a slight hiccup after fitting in that the mirrors only folded upon Double Locking the car ( something I don't always do -naughty boy!) but I wanted them to fold on 1st stage locking so I could see from a distance that the car was at least locked to 1st stage!

see my thread here

Cheers Paul M.

• Like 2

Yes the PO-40 is a generic bit of kit... and for certain is good for any mk2 IS.

There is a friendly chap (Michael)  on this forum selling it, along with instructions how to install it.... if you do  a search for PO-40, you'll find lots of discussion 

On 9/29/2017 at 9:56 PM, lordksmith said:

I have an 09 model do I still need this model.

I believe auto-folding was added at the same time as indicators on the mirrors (so if you have indicators you don't need PO-40), if you have Sat-nav then you can set it using satellite switch, if you do not have sat-nav then it is dealer config option.

11uvif6.jpg

• Like 1

That is because Advance was basically SE+ aka the base equipment version which was missing many things which were standard in SE-i, SE-L and F-Sport e.g. heated ventilated seats (though to my surprise F-Sport only had heated seats as well). That said you are right Advance is exception of what I have said above.

On 10/8/2017 at 12:50 AM, lordksmith said:

Hi Linas.P

I have that switch now to re read the manual and try.

Well... all IS250's have satellite switch, but only on post-2009 car with sat-nav you can choose mirror folding function. If as well if it doesn't have sat-nav or it is Advance then there will be no option. If your car is correct on profile (SE-i) you should be able to set it with switch SE-i being SE+sat-nav and few other options matches the criteria (I guess) as far as I remember the options is very basic - you will have like 3 menus, speed limit, parking sensors on/off and probably mirror auto folding on/off and that is it.

• Thanks 1

So, you now have folding mirrors upon locking the car yes? Does this happen only when the double locking feature is used? Or on the first stage locking? 

Also I have been warned that perhaps when it is very cold and if the mirrors get frozen up quite tight then it may may be prudent to turn Off this feature to prevent overloading the mechanism.

paul m.

• Like 1

@lordksmith - you welcome. My post was all over the place (should stop posting in middle of the night whilst half asleep)... glad you were able to decipher what I meant.

Does it it really gets that cold in UK? But good shout nevertheless :) Especially if you go where it is actually cold... like below:

Screenshot_20170110-184132.png.52f6a5b51cb833f0838dc107125f9539.png

20170104_102029.jpg.eaecb3958628c90f854ca9514693db81.jpg

3 hours ago, Texas said:

Also I have been warned that perhaps when it is very cold and if the mirrors get frozen up quite tight then it may may be prudent to turn Off this feature to prevent overloading the mechanism.

I deactivate mine when a heavy frost is forecast.  I was caught out a few times when I had an IS250 SE-L.

Yes to the weather thing , when in the UK I live on Dartmoor , and belive you me it gets extreme up there!

And when I grab the door handle and open the car door out they pop, the mirrors that is.

I never had a problem with the ice and frost affecting the mirrors on my Mercedes, Are these more fragile?

18 hours ago, lordksmith said:

Yes to the weather thing , when in the UK I live on Dartmoor , and belive you me it gets extreme up there!

And when I grab the door handle and open the car door out they pop, the mirrors that is.

I never had a problem with the ice and frost affecting the mirrors on my Mercedes, Are these more fragile?

It is a good idea to disable the function - they do get frozen up especially if its rained before. The PO40 feature is a good piece of kit (I have it on mine) but consider its an optional fitted component - not specifically designed by Lexus as the designer of the mirror. Theres nothing wrong with the PO40 kit at all and works great but there would have been no consideration built in to the mirror functionality at the manufacturing stage for this as it was not an installed item as such by Lexus.

If you strip the mirrors down you will see how they can be damaged - there are plastic cogs in there which control the movement, especially the mirror movement, if they struggle to move it they will sheer off or wear quickly if they are straining to move. I replaced one of my motors and cogs and had presumed this was what had happened as it makes sense.

If its icy then turn the mirror heaters on and pour cold water over them to free before  use

• Thanks 1