Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus ownership!

Alucard7002

Hello all,

Newbie to Lexus ownership here having done the full Alan Partridge going from a Rover 800 to an LS430 via Norwich Airport thanks to a weekend in Amsterdam and the wonders of EU data and eBay... 

Joking aside I'm loving the LS, mine is an early 2001 Premium Pack on a Y-plate. 144K with full Lexus dealer history up to ~125k 

Fixed so far:

Ride height sensor on the rear right (yes it seized then snapped) 

Polished and coated the headlights

Replaced the HID's and put HID HB3 kit in the mains and fogs (I do a lot of driving in the fens)

Swapped my private plate of the correct size and font (I'm a bit OCD with my number plates)

Need to fix:

Front discs and pads (well worn/warped)

Knock from the nearside front suspension

Both pre-cat O2 sensors (knackered heater circuits according to Techstream)

Rust on boot lid (number plate lights)

OEM ML radio/cd changer unit (previous owner replaced with a beatsonic unit and an Alpine ilx-700 and I like the look of the clean original)

Want to do:

AUX input bypassing CD changer as I have a Pure Highway 600 DAB/Bluetooth module to hide away in the glovebox.

Mirror polish the alloys as they are knackered and need a refurb anyway - I saw a photo on google of a 430 with the original 17" alloys just mirror polished and it looked the Nuts.

Dig out the DAS 6 from storage and polish the living daylights out of it!

I'll be on here a fair bit in the future I think!

All for now.

Dusan 

IMG_20170914_192939.jpg

IMG_20170925_092234.jpg

IMG_20170926_092037.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0004.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome folks, 

No, it doesn't say anything down the side of the 800 Richard! I've had four of the things in various forms, 820, 827, and Vitesse. 

I learned to drive in an 800 and never really got out of the habit of driving them, brothers of mine all have Jag XJs but I'm 6' 5" with big feet but the XJ cockpit is just too tight to be comfy. 

Hence the 430! Finally found a car that fits my frame. 

This is less of an ongoing project, more fix it up so it's pleasant to drive again (the brake discs are so warped/rusty the steering wheel wobbles violently under gentle braking) 

My 820 was an ongoing project over the last 6 years. Now I've grown up a bit and learned I want a comfy sensible daily driver and a second, ludicrous toy car to play with. I'm thinking Locost with the Toyota 2zzge lump from a Celica. 

11 hours ago, stevet said:

Don't see many of those Rovers on the road anymore. If you've kept that going the Lexus will be no problem to you.

Not many at all, especially not in the condition mine is in. The old Rover is a doddle to work on but parts are getting seriously hard to come by. Service items and Bosch/Denso bits are still available for good value but you can't get new keyfobs or interior parts except from breakers/owners club. 

Even then I had trouble finding parts (lower wishbones for example, Rover never supplied the bushes separately just the wishbone complete - mine went soft, not a MOT fail but not the best. Took me 18 months to source replacements!) 

For a daily I like the ability to jump online or to Euro Car Prats/Andrew Page for parts. Plus the advantage of having a car made by a manufacturer that is still in business!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links