Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H under £10k

11 hours ago, DanD said:

Peter, are you able to post a link for the car you are looking at?

The dealer hasn't written an advert yet. I went in to look at an rx450,  but they had just taken this rx400 in P.Ex.  They said they'd send me the full spec today, but it hasn't arrived yet.  I noted down the VIN and put it into the Lexus website, and thought I could beat the dealer, however the website does not recognise the VIN.  

On 15/10/2017 at 6:31 PM, flookyk said:

If you have the parking sensors on it then some manufacturers have a switch so you can switch them on or off ..  the RX450 I have just bought does but not sure yet if it just switches off the front or back ones ... if the back then it is for when you are towing a caravan or trailer so it does not bleep all the time you put it in reverse when towing.

I'd be hoping that the on board computer would automatically disable the rear parking sensors when towing. Does this not happen on the rx400h?

Hopefully there would also be a manual way to turn them off without towing a trailer.

11 hours ago, DanD said:

Parking sensors on the RX400h did not come as standard: they were a dealer fit option. On the other hand they came as standard on the RX450h... and the switch enables/disables both front and back sensors.

When parking sensors are fitted to the rx400, are there always front AND rear? Or might there sometimes be just front sensors or just rear ones?

Would still like to know if and where thd switch is located on the rx400.  And, is therd a visual display too, or just bleeps?

I think It will depend on the make that has been fitted. The only way to tell is to try them out. As has been mentioned they are a dealer fit rather than a standard system, so the operation could vary. Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, welland said:

When parking sensors are fitted to the rx400, are there always front AND rear? Or might there sometimes be just front sensors or just rear ones?

Would still like to know if and where thd switch is located on the rx400.  And, is therd a visual display too, or just bleeps?

Mine just had front dealer fit ones, I guess because the rear was covered by the reversing camera. There was a small switch fitted under and to the left of the steering wheel to switch them off. There was no link to the computer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

22 hours ago, welland said:

Thanks for all your advice.   I have found a 2006 rx400h se-l that I hope to collect next weekend.  

DOH! just heard today that it won't be ready until Monday.  I insisted that the dealer gets a hybrid health check from lexus, but it couldn't be scheduled before next monday.    :unsure:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links