Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight adjustment motor ?

Hey guys n gals!

So after the last MOT, which i passed nearly with flying colors.
Only thing the mot guy complained about was that the driver side headlight adjustment didnt work ( the electronic switch from inside the car )
So is it most likely the motor is broken? and is it easy to fix ? after replacing it how do you get them on same level ?
Then again i have been looking at new headlights alltogheter, almost fell in love with theese ones that are black, would look good on my black lexus ( http://www.k2motor.com/06-09-lexus-is250-led-drl-projector-headlights-black.html )
But theese dont have the electronic adjustment ? will there be any warning lights coming on if u just forget all about them ? will make the switch useless.
Oh and also im 99% sure i got halogens and no AFS.

Sorry if they are stupid questions. :wacko:

That sounds right, you don't have AFS, so you should have halogens and non-xenon (HID). That makes all much easier if you planning to go for aftermarket set-up. Now in terms of adjustment I am certain they must have some sort of adjustment somewhere which might be manual rather than satellite switch in interiour as for genuine ones.

As for motor replacement, I cannot say for sure where it is and how to do it on non-HID, but as far as I know whole pre-facelift non-HID units are rather cheap, so it is probably best to replace whole headlight to make sure it is properly sealed etc. and will solve the problem for good.

• Like 1

Thanks! clears out things abit.
Im alredy checking eBay for aftermarket LED headlights, sadly i cant find any within the Eu.
But the thing that will annoy me is the adjustment switch in the car, it will be useless and non working. i know its a stupid thing to be annoyed with, but its just me! i want everything in the car to be in working order.

Firstly let me say this is NOT my find but was posted by another LOC member madasahatteryesterday. Seems to be very much aimed at the 2007 to 2010 models and may have some value to your search for upgraded head lamps. Agree with Linas.P  and his review, not sure about the motor resolution, never had the issue with my reviose 2007 220d ?   This upgrade would seem a good way forward 

• Like 1

Thanks!
That video sure makes it seem way too easy :) but seems to be a simple install.
Gotta start checking my wallet if i should get some aftermarket headlights, sadly i cant find any in Europe so there will be some extra tax to pay when buying.

This forum never lets you down. thanks for the replies!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links