Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MY changes + things to look out for

Looking at getting an ISF! I am after a post “facelift” in that it has the LSD and other improvements. Now I know these changes came about around 2010? 

How do I tell if it’s an updated model? i.e. I don’t want to end up with an early 2010 mode and pre-dates the changes etc.

Other than LSD, what are the other updates? Suspension changes too? I recall some updates that improved the ride?

Also, I understand audio updates such that i can play music from phone via Bluetooth? On my GS (2007) the Bluetooth is phone calls only, not music.

i also see that (in 2013) there were binnacle updates? (i.e.) large rev counter etc. Anything else updated?

Thanks in advance.

You're correct on most of that. 2010 on saw most the changes. LSD, lots of tweaks to suspension to make ride better and can confirm newer head unit streams via Bluetooth. It has the later HDD based nav rather than DVD based. They're most easily identified as cars with a blue colour bottom to the steering wheel. There was also the option to have different alloy wheels.

2013 (maybe sooner?) saw introduction of DRLs, at the cost of adaptive headlights (that turn) in addition to the updated dash.

Best of luck with the search!

Thanks. So the presence of the bottom blue on the steering wheel is the only visible indicator? Are there any others?

When in 2010 did the update come? I.e. would an early 2010 not have the changes? But, I guess, the steering wheel would not have blue bottom?

also, any common issues to look out for?

Thanks!

Yes, check for the blue bottom steering wheel for the LSD fitment. You could also spec white seats at this point.

The ISF was a very slow seller at this period so many 2009's were registered late in 2010 and didn't have the LSD.

The only common issue is the huge grin permanently stuck on your face :w00t:

Issues, there are very few. Nothing in particular to look for. Quite a few cars have had the waterpump replaced because it begins to weep/leak. But it certainly doesn't affect all cars, and the later models might have had this resolved. Seats tend to prematurely wear and front tyres might look OK but could be very worn on the inside edge so make sure you check on full lock (as I found out recently). Important thing is making sure it's been serviced regularly and is in good condition. These cars can take high mileage, so don't be too put off if you find a good example. There tends to be good knowledge on cars for sale within the forum, so don't be afraid to ask our opinions on anything you're looking at.

This may be a MY change, but both these centre consoles are from '08 ISFs. Anyone know why there's a difference? 

The buttons are a different shape, but is there a difference in the actual hardware behind? Mine's the top pic. 

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1420.PNG

As far as I am aware, the top picture is from a facelift car, with most appearing after 2009.

I know the plugs on the back are slightly different, but I don't think there is much in terms of change in everyday use.

51 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

As far as I am aware, the top picture is from a facelift car, with most appearing after 2009.

I know the plugs on the back are slightly different, but I don't think there is much in terms of change in everyday use.

My centre console is like the top picture and my car is a 58 plate Jan 2009 car

1 hour ago, stevet said:

The later 2008 had the bass turned down on the ML

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of this - any way to turn it back up?