Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f wheels

I was most impressed with his dust free environment and careful application on the back of the spokes.

Product looks good and easy to apply  he did well to squeeze a 1 minute video into a 10 minute slot.

Thank rayaans - your info on coverage is very useful.

Assume its 12 hours inside. A couple of nights on axle stands won't hurt. Can give the arches a good clean and protect.

Sounds like the ideal balance between ease of application and longevity.

• 4 weeks later...

3 wheels are in now stock :/

Last one should be here this week and car booked for 23rd

Having an NX for the day - they wouldn't let me have the LC unaccompanied (I wouldn't let me either :D ) and I'm not interested in a 20 min spin.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 11/8/2017 at 7:39 AM, Comedian said:

3 wheels are in now stock :/

Last one should be here this week and car booked for 23rd

Having an NX for the day - they wouldn't let me have the LC unaccompanied (I wouldn't let me either :D ) and I'm not interested in a 20 min spin.

How odd - I would have thought they'd send all 4 wheels together, rather in what seems like singles!

• 2 weeks later...

4 new wheels fitted. Waiting to find out if I can keep the old ones for winter, they are supposed to send back but will let me know (fingers crossed) TSB for rear arches done. Software all upto date (there are none basically - asked them to check).

Now as pink said - waiting for the worms to come!

!a57207b11ef8f8f942473db4d60b4f5a.jpg22381ce3c3c6d0d45bf75db540d3fa02.jpg4d284a860971524b36db403800f970a5.jpg

rrp £1808 each wheel apparently :zorro:

Will be applying G5 this weekend and upon reading the instructions (unusual for me) they state I can also use it on the calipers.

7 hours ago, Comedian said:

rrp £1808 each wheel apparently :zorro:

Will be applying G5 this weekend and upon reading the instructions (unusual for me) they state I can also use it on the calipers.

It#ll protect it to an extent but as is the nature with diamond cut wheels - any chips from stones flicking up and thats white worm waiting to happen.

Out of warranty I'd probably get them painted in the inner colour completely

Totally agree. But last ones didn't have chips where it started. The g5 is just to make them easier to clean really, aware of its limitations.

If I got them powder coated in future I quite like the isf colour.

Need to get a copy of the lexus warranty fine print to see if warranty is worth having just for the wheels. Ie if they're covered.

Well, being cautious and only removing one wheel at a time. Biggest issue is warming the wheel up - heated floor does have a use beyond being more expensive than slippers (she's not listening).

Pleased with result on first one.

Caliper looks even bigger with wheel off. 0bf8755f85a83daa985fabb4a5276044.jpg0a36766c38b2dd959f00bd5734233354.jpg

On 24/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Comedian said:

Totally agree. But last ones didn't have chips where it started. The g5 is just to make them easier to clean really, aware of its limitations.

If I got them powder coated in future I quite like the isf colour.

Need to get a copy of the lexus warranty fine print to see if warranty is worth having just for the wheels. Ie if they're covered.

@Comedian Yes the isF colours is lovely..........😏

🐀

19 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Well, being cautious and only removing one wheel at a time. Biggest issue is warming the wheel up - heated floor does have a use beyond being more expensive than slippers (she's not listening).

Pleased with result on first one.

Caliper looks even bigger with wheel off. 0bf8755f85a83daa985fabb4a5276044.jpg0a36766c38b2dd959f00bd5734233354.jpg

@Comedian The calipers are big boys, it's the reason you can't use an isF spacer saver instead of the  sealant.

🐀

Yeah, hoping to get the old wheels then can use a front and maybe a spacer as an all round spare.

Beyond that it's get the wheel in the other thread and make an adaptor.

Pleased with how the g5 spreads. Enough to do the wheels again in a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Yeah, hoping to get the old wheels then can use a front and maybe a spacer as an all round spare.

Beyond that it's get the wheel in the other thread and make an adaptor.

Pleased with how the g5 spreads. Enough to do the wheels again in a couple of years.

@Comedian I personally believe even with having recovery that a space saver is essential, glad I had mine when a rear tyre went bang in a big way on the Humber Bridge on Christmas Eve 2015 ❄️

🐀

@ComedianSo as and when the merged 'F' forum is up and running I think this is precisely the kind of thing we need to save to an appropriate sections of 'Mods' , I forget who it was on the Rc forum who started the thread for his car and a spacer saver solution.

Prime example of good ideas where all who want to can benefit.

🐀

Couple more pics.

Machine polished the screen as was a bit sand blasted and gave the wheel well a spruce up. But now I've done that I've got to do the other 3 :/

12f7aa84532f9e085be946d8e76c5103.jpgfe3bcdd5250107281dce9214b55d35c4.jpg42e1329f4a7d9a3dad7323a6e35ea2d6.jpg

31 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Couple more pics.

Machine polished the screen as was a bit sand blasted and gave the wheel well a spruce up. But now I've done that I've got to do the other 3 :/

12f7aa84532f9e085be946d8e76c5103.jpgfe3bcdd5250107281dce9214b55d35c4.jpg42e1329f4a7d9a3dad7323a6e35ea2d6.jpg

What compound did you use on the screen. My GS450H screen also suffers from what appears to be sand blast making it difficult to see through on low sun situations.

John.

What compound did you use on the screen.

See pic. I'm no expert - bought based on reviews. No good by hand but with a heavy cutting pad on a small rotary it's come up like a mirror.

Obviously some larger chips are still there.
bc23f15ad21bde91eafa6671a7d69b30.jpg

Good to know that this improves the screen as mine is also peppered with small marks. Hopefully they'll polish out as yours have. Thanks for the info, will go look for a some of that 'stuff'...

WHAT YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR (extended warranty)
Serviceable items
Drive belt adjustment
Brake and clutch adjustments due to wear
Glass replacements due to breakages or impact
Corrosion to the exhaust
Lights, bulbs and headlight adjustments
Window and door lock adjustments
Paintwork and bodywork
Battery (HV Battery on Hybrids is covered)
Interior trim
Road wheels