Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Independent servicing

geordiepaul2011

Hi all,

Does anyone on here use an independent garage to complete the servicing on their CT200H?

I've had a quote of just under £180 for the full 40k service from an independent and it looks like all I am missing out on is the extended hybrid Battery warranty. What's others thoughts on where to service and the pricing?

Paul

thats a good price i think that one is usually £295 at dealership. intermediate is £195. would you mind telling me where the indie dealer you located is? i just paid £545 for the 100k service as its a once in a life time service supposedely. 

I would recommend getting the extended warranty if you can as i got quoted £170 for exhaust sheild wearing it was almost falling off aswell as brake caliper and caliper piston replaced quoted at £600. luckily they were both cover by extended warranty. i beleive the hybrid Battery warrsnty is 5 years.

If you get the vehicle services elsewhere the hybrid check & warranty can be done separately via the dealer for around £70. 

The check/warranty can be taken on a car up to 10 years old.

£180 seems very cheap for a major service are you sure everything has been carried out ???

what grade of engine oil did they use for your car and did they change the brake fluid.

59 minutes ago, geordiepaul2011 said:

Apologies my initial post may have been misleading.

By independent garage I am not referring to a Lexus garage, simply a garage who are trained to service hybrid vehicles. The quote is for a service as per the service schedule.

£180 does seem extremely cheap for a Full service. As above, make sure they're using the right grade oil - OW-20 - seems to be about £30 for 5l by the looks of things

My son's Golf costs about £200 for a full service at my local indy

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, geordiepaul2011 said:

Apologies I've only just seen the reply.

It is slightly worrying how much the quotes vary especially when you want the work done as per the service schedule. Has anyone managed to get a discount on the 'fixed price servicing'?

Dealers used to give discounts but many of them don't anymore. Always worth checking just to make sure though

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Anyone can do an oil change, I would love to know how they do the brake fluid change and check the gearbox oil

I don't think that's exactly rocket science. 

or is it :wink3:

24 minutes ago, iwonder said:

I would love to know how they do the brake fluid change and check the gearbox oil

there are many ways to change the brake fluid,

you can pressure bleed where air pressure pushes the brake fluid out through the bleed nipple

vacuum bleeding where the brake fluid is vacuumed out throught the bleed nipple

or

using  the techstream diagnostics on a toyota / lexus you can pump the fluid out.

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

I don't think that's exactly rocket science. 

or is it :wink3:

No it's not that complex, but mechanics still get it wrong.

56 minutes ago, 200h said:

there are many ways to change the brake fluid,

you can pressure bleed where air pressure pushes the brake fluid out through the bleed nipple

vacuum bleeding where the brake fluid is vacuumed out throught the bleed nipple

or

using  the techstream diagnostics on a toyota / lexus you can pump the fluid out.

The first two will lead to braking issues and actuator noises, which is why I would like to know what the independents do. Without techstream you need to go into ECB invalid mode, which not many people know how to do.