Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty - Worth it?

I decided against getting the warranty, the £895.00 for two years is fairly reasonable, it's the servicing within the dealer network that's the issue, its just too expensive for higher millage users.

I've yet to hear from fellow owners of expensive warranty claims relating to the IS300h, with it being one of the most reliable cars on the road I'm going to take my chances. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I' going to hijack this thread because high service costs were mentioned.

My car will be serviced by my local Toyota dealer. 

Main service  £330

Intermediate  £180

Now thats most agreeable don' you think.

• 1 year later...

Hey folks just thinking about getting this extended warranty for the IS F.

Heard that as mileage gets higher it’s may be prone to the Valley Plate Leak or The exhaust manifold may crack/leak. These sound expensive, would such a warranty cover these eventualities? 

All fine just now, but Peace if mind would be nice!

thanks,

John

13 minutes ago, G10RRE said:

Hey folks just thinking about getting this extended warranty for the IS F.

Heard that as mileage gets higher it’s may be prone to the Valley Plate Leak or The exhaust manifold may crack/leak. These sound expensive, would such a warranty cover these eventualities? 

All fine just now, but Peace if mind would be nice!

thanks,

John

I think it’s great value for an isf, it should cover the bits mention, you get full AA membership for two  as well. I’m surprised it priced the same as standard IS. 

• 2 years later...

Morning all, 

My is300h broke down and i do have an extended waranty with it... 

Did anybody experienced problem with their waranty, by means of tring to blame the drivers fault? 

Tgere is a rattling noice coming from below the engine or left ha d side (can't really tell from inside. 

If you have the Lexus Extended Warranty then in my experience (and others from what I have read here) the cover is comprehensive and Lexus cover many items other warranties do not. However the only way to find out is to book the car in with your local dealer. For the Extended Warranty to be valid you must have had the car serviced (on time/mileage) at a Lexus franchised dealer and so if you have had the car a while hopefully you know your local dealer quite well. Lexus may charge an investigation charge (this seems to vary as to how they approach this) but if they then can fix it under the Extended Warranty then you will not pay anything but if it's not covered by the Extended Warranty then you will have to pay the investigation charge and/or any additional charge to fix the problem once they have diagnosed it. 

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Phil, without the Terms and Conditions of what might be called the "New Lexus Extended Warranty" we cannot make an informed judgement.

Do you have the new T&C and if so, may we see them please ?

John - unfortunately I don't have the "New Lexus Extended Warranty" T&Cs at the moment - in the above post I was referring to the old Extended Warranty as the OP said he already had one in place. My Extended Warranty expires in November and I intend to renew at that time and so when I get the new Extended Warranty T&Cs I'll certainly post at that time unless someone beats me to it.

27 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Phil. I realised that after I posted!

Anyway it is good that we all share information. Have a good day, as sadly mine will be terrible and painful as Mrs Roy demands that I have a haircut!🤣

Oh dear - have to say that since we first went into lockdown I bought some clippers and have been doing my own ever since...! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

If you have the Lexus Extended Warranty then in my experience (and others from what I have read here) the cover is comprehensive and Lexus cover many items other warranties do not. However the only way to find out is to book the car in with your local dealer. For the Extended Warranty to be valid you must have had the car serviced (on time/mileage) at a Lexus franchised dealer and so if you have had the car a while hopefully you know your local dealer quite well. Lexus may charge an investigation charge (this seems to vary as to how they approach this) but if they then can fix it under the Extended Warranty then you will not pay anything but if it's not covered by the Extended Warranty then you will have to pay the investigation charge and/or any additional charge to fix the problem once they have diagnosed it. 

Unfortunately i missed the last service by 3.8 k miles during lockdown and it didn't stopped them to sell me the extended warranty. Let's hope they won't pick on that. 

7 minutes ago, Sabin said:

Unfortunately i missed the last service by 3.8 k miles during lockdown and it didn't stopped them to sell me the extended warranty. Let's hope they won't pick on that. 

They sold the warranty to you Sabin in the full knowledge of your service record. Do not worry.

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

They sold the warranty to you Sabin in the full knowledge of your service record. Do not worry.

I was thinking about that as i bought the warranty on the day of the service, so it would've been a bit dodgy to pull that, but you never know. Everything comes down to money. 

Thank you for the support.

• Thanks 1

They have been a bit more flexible due to lockdown - and as John says as they sold you the Extended Warranty after you had the last service so there will be no issue there as they look at the service / car history before selling the Extended Warranty and would not have sold it if they had concerns. Make sure you keep to the Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealer going forwards though (there is a bit of wiggle room in the T&Cs for going over the interval but it's not a lot).

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

They have been a bit more flexible due to lockdown - and as John says as they sold you the Extended Warranty after you had the last service so there will be no issue there as they look at the service / car history before selling the Extended Warranty and would not have sold it if they had concerns. Make sure you keep to the Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealer going forwards though (there is a bit of wiggle room in the T&Cs for going over the interval but it's not a lot).

Thank you for your help mate, i will keep up with it, since i wont have. To drive as much to work i won't have to be there soon,, after this service...(done 8k since April when i bought the warranty). 

• Like 2