Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Size

Still humming and hawing over a is300h. Got the wife to test drive one and she liked it, although still hates the interior styling. I forgot to bring my measuring tape with me when we test drove. 

Does anyone have the dimensions for the boot? Specially from front to back. We regularly do long trips and take two large suitcases, each is about 50cm wide. They fit grand in our e60 520i but i'm worried they won't fit in the is300h. Here's the full size Height: 76cm, Width: 48cm, Depth: 28-33cm.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by TBi
wrong size.

Gut feeling is that they would fit - most dimensions seem to be in L or Cubic feet. 

With a depth of only 33cm, I would reckon they'd probably fit on top of each other 

lexus-is300h-boot.jpg

It's a tight squeeze in ours to put them on top of each other. I know we couldn't do it in the e60 but probably because we had a buggy at the time too, this meant we had to push the bags in and there is less height at the back of the trunk. 

If like me you are not happy travelling without having a spare wheel, then you have yourself a problem.  This is one of the reasons that I am looking to change my car at the moment.

The IS300h is without doubt the best car that I have ever owned but, it does come without a spare wheel and, the gunge supplied is absolute rubbish and so I purchased a spacesaver which obviously has to go in the boot and, takes up the room needed for a suitcase.  The good thing though is that the seats fold down and this is of considerable help but, it aint so useful if you have kiddiewinkies!

The supplied gunge is OK if you have a nail type puncture but, anything worse and it's no good whatsoever.  I know a couple of people with the CT200h who encountered problems when they had a puncture and were left stranded for quite some time whilst a new tyre was sourced.  I was told a while ago that about 85% of new cars come without a spare wheel but, there are thoughts that this may be changing. 

A friend of mine owns a tyre supply/fitting outlet and they positively hate the gunge, that is my word for it by the way, not sure what it is correctly called.

Mark, what does the good lady not like about the internal styling of the 300h?

She doesn't like the center stack from the clock on down. Her view is that the designer was 'angry' that day. She is an architect so very into her details.

My last three cars didn't come with a spare wheel, so doesn't bother me. Last time i got a flat (once in 10+ years of driving) i just called roadside assist. It was dark and bucketing down and no way i was getting wet changing a wheel on a dark boreen when i paid for the service!

Would you know the exact dimension front to back of the boot?

Hi Mark, the measurement from front to back is exactly 1metre (100cm).  The measurement was taken with the tape held level with the rear lip, where the boot lid closes to.  The measurement from the boot floor to the underside of the rear parcel shelf is 420mm.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

It's the one drawback for us .  Two oldies and we (I) never manage to fit everything in the boot. BMW is better in that respect. But at least the seats fold down and can be used as additional luggage space.